• Register
  • Help

Topic: blown tweeter

blown tweeter

sponsored links

dammit, I FINALLY blew a tweeter in my NS-10s HAHAH

These suckers are about 7 years old now. Time to finally get a pair of Mackies.

I duno how it blew tho. The other fell slightly and pulled some cables but the rig was off. I re connected and now today the one that didnt fall has no tweet.

what sucks is I\"know:\" these NS-10s. Even wit bass response an the crappy sound. I know what I\'m hearing because I\'m used to them.

Well if I get this next big gig, I\'ll pick up 2 HR824s and maybe the rest of the Mackie surround setup...and turn my crappy sounding room, nto a crappy sounding surround mix station....

Re: blown tweeter

So what are saying? That your tweeter was sacrificed to a greater cause?

I doubt it!

I sense a vast conspiracy to rid yourself of the NS-10s!
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sell the spare parts on Ebay. You\'ll make a fortune

has anyone checked out the new Alesis Monitors (ProLinear 720/820). with the DSP/EQ onboard? Curious how they are. This could be the ticket for me (I also have always wanted a pair of DS-90\'s to link with my VS modeling EQs, but I\'ve never liked how they sounded, ESPECIALLY for the price)

I know that I\'m gonna miss the Mid-range response that the NS-10\'s everything I\'ve heard lately is kind \"scooped\" sounding. Maybe its jsut because the NS-10\'s pump so much mids, I\'m just used to it. So I\'m gonna try and get these fixed if possible. Anyone know i it could jsut be a fuse?..or will I have to replace the whole tweeter.

I cant justify hr824s just yet. I want to, but my budget is riding on a particular gig right now, and its not confirmed.

but after spending today with headphones on....I need to fix these or get a new pair of nearfeilds ASAP.

Go Back to forum