• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: July

Share/Bookmark

July

GS3 is Shipping in July. It just got bumped.

Trust me, we\'re not rubbing our fingers together and cackling over a pile of finished boxes in the warehouse. Nobody wants this to ship as much as we do, and we have engineers working night and day to make it happen. It just going to take a little longer than we thought.

OK, a lot longer.

Thought you\'d all like to know. Good news coming very soon. Included libraries. You\'re gonna go nuts.

Re: July

[ QUOTE ]
    GS3 is Shipping in July. It just got bumped.

Trust me, we\'re not rubbing our fingers together and cackling over a pile of finished boxes in the warehouse. Nobody wants this to ship as much as we do, and we have engineers working night and day to make it happen. It just going to take a little longer than we thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you tell us what\'s driving the delays? An honest assessment of the problem would give me greater confidence in purchasing the product when it\'s released.

[ QUOTE ]
    You\'re gonna go nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too late.

Man....I have designated my entire summer to learning a new, high end sampler library/system. I really wanted it to be GS3. Not going to happen

Looks like Sonar/Kontakt for me.

On the positive note, it will give RME (and others) more time to get GSIF2 happening
    ....and the included library surprises wonder if there will be a Steinway or Bosendorfer embedded with GigaPulse

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    On the positive note, it will give RME (and others) more time to get GSIF2 happening

[/ QUOTE ]

With GS 3 apparently unfinished, I wonder if third party hardware manufacturers CAN finalize and fully test driver code. Wouldn\'t it be a case of putting the cart before the horse?

Lee Blaske

[/ QUOTE ]

I\'m guessing the kernel changes are firm, so hopefully GSIF 2.0 parameters are set. I just hope Terratec updates my card drivers.

Delays are from a combination of factors. We\'re fixing every bug that\'s found by testers, finishing the packaging, getting libraries from developers, a lot of little things that add up to delay, hopefuly only a a week or two.

[ QUOTE ]
    With GS 3 apparently unfinished, I wonder if third party hardware manufacturers CAN finalize and fully test driver code. Wouldn\'t it be a case of putting the cart before the horse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they have the software. It\'s working fine, I use it every day. There are just some bugs that we want to kill before shipping.

Synthetic

Squish the bugs and good luck !

Dave

From what I see, the software is in great shape. Its logistics of getting bundled libraries done, documentation proofed & printed etc. that have delayed things, not the code. The programmers are taking advantage of the extra time to pound it and squish bugs and to possibly implement even more features on their to do list.

From what I hear, the library bundles will be amazing.

Cheers
    Dave

[ QUOTE ]
    From what I see, the software is in great shape. Its logistics of getting bundled libraries done, documentation proofed & printed etc. that have delayed things, not the code. The programmers are taking advantage of the extra time to pound it and squish bugs and to possibly implement even more features on their to do list.

From what I hear, the library bundles will be amazing.

Cheers
    Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Any indication as to what the bundled library will contain (other than the new piano?)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast