Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Gladiator...and a dream...

Share/Bookmark

The Gladiator...and a dream...

Hello!
    Today I have ended my second piece with the Garritan Personal Orchestra:
    \" Gladiator Dance \",here:

Gladiator Dance

I hope to have made better regarding the first piece that I have made with the GPO.
    My dream is to see a day also a my piece on the web page of the demo.: -)
    Thank you for your precious councils and judgments.
    Bye!
    (Maurizio B.)...................Zelazowa

Re: The Gladiator...and a dream...

Nobody?
    Nothing?

Re: Gladiator Dance

Well...In this piece I have used two istance of GPO:

1)Cellos sus + short,violas lush,vlns 2 lush,tpt2 ens 3,vlns 1 tremolo,vlns 2 tremolo,
    tuba overlay,cellos lush.

2)Bass drum,snares,cymbals,basic orch perc,violas lush,french horn 1 ens 3,vlns 2
    lush,contratuba solo.

I do not know like saying...I thought to represent a gladiatore during the battle,
    and in my mind the music it slid unexpected...therefore it has come outside:
    \"Gladiator Dance\".
    For me the music is the voice of the spirit,and the sounds of the GPO it is helping me to giving the same best of me,or to at least I try us.

Zelazowa

Well it sounds very synthy to start with, you need a better mix. It was way too chaotic in the beginning, well atleast it just sounded like instruments playing with no melody or rhythm intended. You had a nice little hook in there, other then that I liked \"The March of the Wind\" better. Just keep on working at it and you will get there.

Regards,

I liked the piece and here a couple suggestions to make it better:

It sounds like it\'s a soundtrack to something - like you had visuals running alongside it when you composed it. That isn\'t necessarily bad, but it might work better if the music focuses more on itself if it\'s being presented alone; it would work quite nicely as an accompaniment, which it sounds to me like it\'s meant to be.

Secondly, I would add more harmony to some of it. At parts, you have only a single melodic line, and another line in counterpoint or simple background chords would help. I\'d also vary the dynamics more; for example, you have a number of crescendos that could be more exaggerated. One other thought I had is that given the top of song it is, having more exaggerated brass throughout might work.

Overall, though, I liked the melody and thought the rhythm worked well with it.

Also, istening to the .mp3 is a little bit difficult if you don\'t speak the language; it took me a little random clicking to download it.

[ QUOTE ]
    Well it sounds very synthy to start with, you need a better mix. It was way too chaotic in the beginning, well atleast it just sounded like instruments playing with no melody or rhythm intended. You had a nice little hook in there, other then that I liked \"The March of the Wind\" better. Just keep on working at it and you will get there.

Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Adam,but i don\'t understand when you tell me about sounds very synth to start...
    Bye
    Zelazowa

[ QUOTE ]
    I liked the piece and here a couple suggestions to make it better:

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks also to you Error for couple suggestions.
    Ciao.
    Zelazowa

Zelazowa

I tried to download Gladiator Dance but was unsuccessful and couldn\'t find it on your site. I would like to hear it and will try later.

Gary Garritan

Same here. Just a blank page. Try later.

[ QUOTE ]
    Zelazowa

I tried to download Gladiator Dance but was unsuccessful and couldn\'t find it on your site. I would like to hear it and will try later.

Gary Garritan

[/ QUOTE ]

Ciao Gary and Stixx.
    Thank you for your interes.
    Excuse to me for the problem about download
    but it does not depend on me
    Now the piece is avaiable.
    Thanks still.
    Ciao from Italy

Zelazowa

(Maurizio B.)

Go Back to forum