• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics VI Users -- Help

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics VI Users -- Help

I successfully installed Stylus but cannot get Trilogy to find my .dat file.

My setup:

OSX (Jaguar)
    DP4.12
    G4 Dual 800
    1.25 gig of ram
    80 gig HD w/ one partition (20 gig side/60 gig side)

After installing the AU in the Components folder (next to the Stylus AU), I used the OSX installer that I downloaded from the Spectrasonics website. For some reason, the 1st disc hung toward the end and did not ask for the second install disc. I then started over and replaced the existing file with a new attempt, and this time the process went to completion (I think?). Actually the fifth disc seemed to finish (progress bar finished), but I never saw the dialog box confirming a successful install. In any event .dat file is on the 60 gig side (same as Stylus) and is 3.02 gigs in size. I then Option-Command to make an alias to the .dat file and placed it in the Components folder with the Trilogy AU (along with the Stylus AU and .dat alias). When I opened DP, I authorized the VI, added an Instrument track and, you guessed it -- \"Error - Can\'t Locate the .dat File\".

If the install was incomplete, I am not sure how to get all five discs to finish, and if it is an alias issue, I do not know what else to do. I would really appreciate any input. Thanks.

Allan

Re: Spectrasonics VI Users -- Help

I can only say have hope - it does work. I\'ve gpt Stylus, Atmosphere and Trilogy all working on my dual 1.25 G4 with 10.28 and DP4.12. They seem to work just fine.

I had a similar problem; eventually their tech support talked me through the process-for some reason I had totally misread the install instructions. If you have a dual-boot option, try installing first under OS9, then you don\'t need to run the OSX .dat combiner when you add the OSX software update.

The other thing, be sure you are installing from the root of your system drive - copy the installer to the desktop and run from there. I tried to put it in a folder first, and got the results you describe.

Dasher

Hey, that might be it. I too put the installer in my Documents folder and ran it from there. I\'ll try the Desktop. Thanks.

Running from the desktop yeilded the same results. I do have other computers in my setup but do not want to install Trilogy on them, as they would soon thereafter be removed -- all running smoothly with no defrag issues, CP hassles, etc. Perhaps Disk 5 is defective. I emailed Spectrasonics but, given the holiday ...

Go Back to forum