I have GigaStudio since about 2 month. It runs on a dedicated Pentium 4/1500 with 1 GB RAM, configurated (at first....)with the recommendation of Tascam. I use GS in combination with Logic Audio which runs on a Mac. The PC has a Delta 10/10 Soundcard and the Mac a Motu 2408. On the Mac Side is a MIDI Time Piece and on the PC a Ego-Sys Miditerminal 4140. I bought Garritan GigaStrings (best library ever!) and a few other GS sound Libraries. So my investment comes altogether to about (just for the GS System) 12.000 USD. And for two month I had to deal with pops, clicks, digital distortion and quitting of the soundcard about every 2 minutes! Since the help of Tascam (sorry) was not very brilliant, and also since I know from this and another Forum that I am not the only one with such difficulties, I thought I write how I got out of it.
First I did initialize both of my PC harddisks and reinstalled Windows 98. Then I configurated the system after the recommendation of Alberto Rizo Schettino, http://www.albertorizoschettino.com and Tom Hopkins from Garittan Strings, who both where of great help-and to which I\'d like to express my thanks-and installed the latest drivers on the Delta 10/10. I also did increase the sample buffer to 20 ms on this soundcard. Then I did install one sound library at a time and did try after every load if every thing was working. It did actually stopped working after loading the Peter Siedlazcek Advance Orchestra GigaSampler version. I did eliminate this library and the system was working again.
And today, maybe it is my Xmas present :-), every thing is working fine. I hope it stays like this for a long time and whish to all others, who are having bad problems with GS, to also be successful in resolving the problems.