• Register
  • Help

Topic: GigaStudio 2.5 Manual in .pdf?

Share/Bookmark

GigaStudio 2.5 Manual in .pdf?

Hi There,

Does anyone have a linik to a Manual for GS2.5 in .pdf?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: GigaStudio 2.5 Manual in .pdf?

Hi Steve,

There is no manual for Gigastudio 2.5. Hard to believe, I know, but true. We went back and forth about this at the old Tascam forum. They did promise us a manual with 3.0, however, so stay tuned...

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Clark
    Hi Steve,

There is no manual for Gigastudio 2.5. Hard to believe, I know, but true. We went back and forth about this at the old Tascam forum. They did promise us a manual with 3.0, however, so stay tuned...

Jim
    Hi Jim. As I recall, you we're one of the most vocal members of the old forum regarding the manual. Let's hope they listened for 3.0.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hi Jim. As I recall, you we're one of the most vocal members of the old forum regarding the manual. Let's hope they listened for 3.0.
    Hi Jon,

Yes, you recall correctly .
    I could really have used one. Also, I felt it's kind of a baseline requirement to have a manual for a product as complex as GS. After the back-and-forths we had back then, it became apparent that there would be no manual 'till 3.0, so I backed off.

I am planning to upgrade to 3.0, but I have relegated GS to more of a supportive role in my studio, as opposed to the central role I thought it would have went I first purchased it. A large part of that decision has to do with the lack of attention to GS, and especially their customers, by Tascam.

Regards,

Jim

Wink

I have a pre order in for GS3 and I also am hoping for a manual ...would be a big help Tascam

There's a killer manual for GigaStudio 3.0, written in part by Dave Govett. It covers the application and the editor. I think the current plan is that the application manual will be printed and the editor manual will be a PDF. It's always a risky deal making a PDF of a paid software manual -- because it makes the program easier to pirate -- so I'm not sure if the app manual will be a PDF as well.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetic
    There's a killer manual for GigaStudio 3.0, written in part by Dave Govett. It covers the application and the editor. I think the current plan is that the application manual will be printed and the editor manual will be a PDF. It's always a risky deal making a PDF of a paid software manual -- because it makes the program easier to pirate -- so I'm not sure if the app manual will be a PDF as well.
    That's great news :-) GS3 is getting better all the time :-)
    But surely it would be better to have both manuals printed, rather than PDF, because of piracy concerns...

Dave Govett and Kevin Phelan did a wonderful 4 CD tutorial called GIGASTUDIO Mastery. $50.00 at AudioMIDI. Definitely ***** ....

Quote Originally Posted by GTBannah
    Dave Govett and Kevin Phelan did a wonderful 4 CD tutorial called GIGASTUDIO Mastery. $50.00 at AudioMIDI. Definitely ***** ....

Hopefully they will do one to incorporate the new features in GS3...

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    Hopefully they will do one to incorporate the new features in GS3...
    I read somewhere that there is one in the works, but that the 2.5 one is comprehensive to get us started on version 3.
    Get it!
    I'm a believer! I have it, and I'm drooling .... Sluuurrrrrp

Go Back to forum