• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: READ: Cannot load instruments for more than 45% on Win2K-XP

Share/Bookmark

READ: Cannot load instruments for more than 45% on Win2K-XP

I\'m currently experiencing a strange problem:
    Under Windows 2000 or Windows XP Professional I cannot load GIG instruments over the 45% of my total memory (this means Gigastudio displays 45% in his memory usage bar).
    When I try to load another instrument over this 45%, Gigastudio returns me an error saying that there\'s not enough memory to load the instrument and Gigastudio encountered an error when trying to load the instrument.

I believe this errors to be related to Windows 2000 and XP engines, because I really don\'t have problems to reach 95% on Windows 98SE.

My system specs:
    Motherboard: ABIT AK7TA VIA CHIPSET (the chipset is not giving me problems)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 800
    RAM: 768Mb SDRAM (Operating at 133Mhz, Cycle lenght: 2)
    HARD DISKS: System_IBM DESKSTAR 30Gb UATA100, Samples_IBM 60GXP 40Gb
    AUDIO CARD: Midiman audiophile 24/96, with latest WDM drivers installed
    NETWORK: Realtek ethernet controller
    (there are no IRQ conflicts)

Thanks for the help,

Re: READ: Cannot load instruments for more than 45% on Win2K-XP

up

Hello clefmaster,

I am not able to reproduce this error on a WinXp 1Ghz/133 AMD T-bird with 1 GB/133 SDRAM. I am able to load up to 99% (quite a lot of large instruments using all 64 MIDI channels). I am getting 160 voices pop & click free through the S/PDIF output of the Audiophile 2496 card.

You should send your diag to custser@teac.com and let Allen and the good folks there take a look at it. I understand they have a bit of a backlog of e-mail so you\'ll want to show some patience.

In the meantime, post as many details as you can about your system and maybe someone can help.

Kevin

I don\'t know if this will help or not, but I was getting a similar message just trying to load the Giga Piano -- along with clicks and pops on playback.

My solution turned out to be opening the gigs in the GS Editor and then saving them with version two info (automatic). I\'m pretty sure I had already done this in Win98.

But when I did a clean OS install to XP and then installed the Giga upgrade to the partition where the Giga Piano already was, the problem appeared.

Boyd

[This message has been edited by Boydbob (edited 01-03-2002).]

Thanks to everyone for the help, I managed to reach 99 per cent of the memory load in Gigastudio

I think the problem could have been one of the services Windows2000 loads at startup.

I\'m now able to fill my 1152Mb Ram with no pops, clicks, reduced poliphony.

It\'s an interesting thread I\'d like to discuss anyway, )

thanks to everyone

Thanks to everyone for the help, I managed to reach 99 per cent of the memory load in Gigastudio

I think the problem could have been one of the services Windows2000 loads at startup.

I\'m now able to fill my 1152Mb Ram with no pops, clicks, reduced poliphony.

It\'s an interesting thread I\'d like to discuss anyway, )

thanks to everyone

Which service?

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 01-04-2002).]

Clefmaster, how did you resolve this problem. I came across it after updating to win2000. Pretty much the same set up as yours, maudio delta 1010 ect... Which services did you turn off? Thanks for any info you can give me.

ok here\'s a list of SERVICE RUNNING IN MY COMPUTER (other ones are not started, this does not mean they are DISABLED, many of them are MANUAL)

COM+ Event System
    DNS Client
    Event Log
    IPSEC Policy Agent
    Logical Disk Manager
    Network Connections
    Plug and Play
    Protected Storage
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    RunAs Service
    Security Accounts Manager
    System Event Notification
    Telephony
    Windows Management Instrumentation
    Windows Management Instrumentation Driver Extensions
    Workstation

I think some of those can be turned off too for sure.

be careful tho

------------------

Clefmaster,

I\'m running Win2000 and have tried using your exact set of services, but I have had no luck getting past 45%. Is there anything else that you did in addition to changing your services? I switched from Win98 because of absolutely random system freezes that required a hard reset and now I\'m having this memory problem with Win2000.

My system specs are:
    800mHz Athlon
    Abit K7V board
    512 meg 133 sdram
    Wavecenter PCI using WDM beta 7 drivers

Thanks for any additional help with this problem.

Go Back to forum