• Register
  • Help

Topic: New site - new GPO mix - Descendant montage

Share/Bookmark

New site - new GPO mix - Descendant montage

Hey - just a quick FYI - I put up a new Flash-based home page (actually designed with a Swish2 template) and included a new mix of a montage inspired by my wife\'s screenplay \"Descendent\" to go with it. I remixed everything in surround and downmixed using the SRS Circle Surround encoder.

The mp3 that plays from the \"montage\" link on the main page is a shortened version of the original tune, with some instuments added - Scarbee J-Fingered bass piped through iZotope Trash to parallel the guitar part in the middle of the piece. I also added a synth part from Arturia\'s minimoogV. The last section includes the addition of a high pad from Steinberg\'s new \"Enhancer\" piped into the surround to complement the orchestral string sections (from Garritan Personal Orchestra) in the front.

Re: New site - new GPO mix - Descendant montage

Houston,

This is really good. Excellent use of Diva and really energetic guitar licks. This is soo Houston. Marianne liked it too. Thanks for posting it.

Your site design has a professional look to it. This was all done with a Swish template? Very nice.

Gary Garritan

Very nice (re)mix on the cue Houston! I can\'t wait until I can mix in surround, that was half the reason for going with SX over SL... just don\'t have the cards to support it yet.

When you get the chance could you send me the original .ac3 files that I could burn to DVD and listen to on my home theater?

Nice new site too, BTW...

The site came from Swishsites, and I customized a little bit, replacing images and using the additional templates for multi-page navigation. I especially want to give a shout out to Alan, for his fantistic work in designing the main site logo. I\'ll probably add some streaming mp3 links, and will bolster the material on the Broadjam site when I get the chance (in my copious spare time) Lots of ideas coming for singer-songwriter stuff, in collaboration with and inspired by my wife\'s writing.

Thanks again - and talk soon.

Houston

I couldn\'t find the MP3 to listen...I must be stupid.. ??

[ QUOTE ]
    I couldn\'t find the MP3 to listen...I must be stupid.. ??

[/ QUOTE ]

No - you\'re fine - I just hid it well.

On the main page, look in the upper left corner, and you will see

\"MONTAGE ON / OFF\"

but in much smaller (and greyer) type than here.

I\'ll be changing the type face and location (and will also add an SRS logo) and will also add a few stereo mp3s (actually m3us that can be streamed) to the music tab. This is V1 of the site, and there\'s still quite a bit of tweaking to be done.

Go Back to forum