• Register
  • Help

Topic: Classic Arts Showcase

Share/Bookmark

Classic Arts Showcase

Anyone get the Classic Arts Showcase in their area? I just realized it comes in locally (channel 21 in the Buffalo area). They show videos of various classical pieces, opera, theater, etc. Some terrific stuff, and cool to see the orchestras playing some of the pieces that I\'ve only otherwise heard from CDs or on the radio.

Re: Classic Arts Showcase

Yes, Eric...we get it some in Indianapolis--unfortunately, after midnight when I\'m usually playing with GPO

My in-laws also get it evenings in Peoria, IL.

It\'s hypnotic--I watched a thing a couple nights ago about a singer named Schmidt, of whom I had never heard. Amazing story!

My only complaint is that they have singers, string soloists, woodwind soloists, orchestras, ballets, etc., but no brass soloists!! (At least I\'ve never seen one)

Regards...Jim

Gee, Wally, I thought I was the only one who payed attention to that program. Some forgotten and awesome art on that station but it can get a little weird at times. If I am not mistaken, that\'s an Adelphia cable filler locally. No? Yes?
    Hey Shaz, you and the little misses still coming to see the show? Saturday right? I have seats all set aside for you (in the restrooms) no, er, for Saturday. If this is not right WELL THEN TOO BAD ... no wait, disregard that outbreak. Yeah, now where was I? Oh, yeah if it aint right let me know. I also have earplugs set aside as well. You might consider bringing a pillow and blanky just incase you fall asleep. I know I do every year.

Huh, I was wrong. More than local it seems.

Mike, it\'s gotta be Friday the 25th. I thought that\'s what I had told you before, but perhaps not. ???

I wouldn\'t dare fall asleep. I might get eaten by a giant plant!

No problem. There are plenty of seats. As a matter of fact, there are plenty for all on this forum! Yuk Yuk Yuk Yuk!

Hi again, snorlax. If you haven\'t seen any brass soloists, odds are there will be some sooner or later. I think it\'s an 8 hour collection of videos, with a new one every week. I\'ve only watched maybe an hour or two of it so far, and I\'ve seen an amazing variety of stuff.

See ya on the 25th, Mike!

Go Back to forum