• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need slamples of

Share/Bookmark

I need slamples of

The second act third and final scene of the musical I am working on has \"Thunder\" sounds all over. Geezzz Edith! But Auwchie, I am trying to find a recording of just \"thunder\". No rain and thunder, no sounds of pitter-patter of rain drop(or anything else pitter-pattering) with thunder, just \"thunder\". I have several FX CD that have the combines sounds of a thunderstorm and a sound module with a thunder sound that sounds more like the cannons from the eighteenth twelve overture.
    Gotsk any ideas where I may find just thunder sounds?
    I said “thunder” sounds not “thumpers” sounds. Ya meathead!

Re: I need samples of

Hollywood Edge - not cheap but very high quality. They used to have a free demo disk with some very useful FX, don\'t know if stand-alone thunder is among them, but would be a nice answer.

They\'re here.

Just looked, did not see the disk, but there is a page with a free MP3 of one stand-alone thunderclap. If one is enough, there it is...

Dasher

Oh my god that\'s great! Thanks loads for the link. I can wait to get home to the studio and record and mix it in. With Acid, I can change it a bit and vary the duration pitch and overall sound. Cool! What a guy!
    Thanks again.

Mike, you could have just stuck a microphone out your window last week, with all the thunderstorms we had!

Ya know, I did just that but I also picked up wind and rain as well. Got some pretty good samples but nothing I can use. Bird chirping as well.

Hi Styxx,i don\'t know if this is ok for you.
    The sound are free!
    Here:
    Find Sounds
    Bye bye!

Zelazowa

(Maurizio B.)

I\'ll second the \"Find Sounds\" link. I was able to find some very nice, high quality samples of thunder there for a project I am working on, close up boomers and distant rolls as well. Great place to find sound effects for free.

www.sounddogs.com has been an excellent source for sound effects that you can buy individually. Used them several times in the past. You can even buy sections of long samples if you so choose.

Devon

Cool people you\'ve helped me out perfectly! I was able to record seven variations and this will be more than enough.
    Great help wish I could ship, bus, fly, train, boat, shuttle you all for the musical.
    Thanks

Go Back to forum