• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: New piece "Favorite Things".

Share/Bookmark

New piece \

Hopefully I did this right. This is from the Sound of Music Score. I played it into Cakewalk last evening after working late on my current show. No editing plus I intend to add percussion later. I\'ve been commisioned to do the music for a local school next year. Let me know if I screwed this link up. First time for me so I apologies for being so new.

http://www.mydocsonline.com/pub/lark...gs%20Waltz.mp3

Thank you Karl Garrett for making this possible. Very greatful.

And I want to thank my producers, Mr. Garritan and GPO, my wife I LOVE YOU HONEY, all the people out there that made this possible, and God whom without would have never been possible.....oh, wait....sorry...I\'m reading my closing speech for the musical awards...Sorry!

Re: New demo \"Favorite Things\".

Great job ! Are you going to edit this piece later? It shure would be worth the effort

Re: New demo \"Favorite Things\".

Sounds really good Styxx, sorry I didn\'t get to it in the e-mail, things have been mad crazy for me this week...

Nice job on the mock-up, it\'s becoming one of my favorite things, right after the birthday track that is!

Re: New demo \"Favorite Things\". I need more input!

Well, as soon as this musical is over I plan on diving into all of this in an effort to learn what everyone else knows already. I have little or no clue on most of the editing features with these programs and sequencers. Like drawing in dynamics and control parameters and the like are all a blur to me right now. Just know enough to put it down.

Alan,
    Tell me you\'re not a busy person! No problem.
    It\'s Gary that has no excuse now that I had him spotted on the island drinking MYTIES (<get it...sometime I crack me up!) and dancing all night with his pretty wife while you take care of the shop! Or is that \"ship\"?

Re: New piece \"Favorite Things\".

The original melody does not work with this. In this arrangement, the key is changing in very unusual places, I couldn\'t sing the melody along with
    these chords. Was it your intention to change keys real often?

Re: New piece \"Favorite Things\".

It is actually The Party Crossover \"My Favorite Things.\" The Von Trap family is having a party in their livink room. Actually and underscore and it moves into The Grand Waltz where there is supposed to be brass dominating the melody. So, it really doesn\'t lend itself strictly to the original melodic motive. However, put on stage with an elaborate Ball staging and awesome dancers executing a Waltz perfectly, it works wonderful.
    I just opened the score and began playing it in. I rather like the key changes.

Curtain opens on living room of the villa...

This has always been one of my favorite pieces. So far, so good. Now let’s get in there and bring out some other instruments to share all that music with those strings… lots of little happy percussion toys and such. Can’t wait to hear what you will be doing with this tune.

[ QUOTE ]
    Now let’s get in there and bring out some other instruments to share all that music with those strings… lots of little happy percussion toys and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excited with the tips tonight I figured I would try Overture and wow what a disappointment. First, I started studio and loaded Full Orchestra with Harp. Everything went OK no warnings what so ever. Next I opened Overture and set the same Full Orchestra. Managed to get the first and second flute parts in fine and they played back fine. Proceeded to chalk in the oboe and that went fine except I had trouble getting it to sound. I don\'t know what happened but it finally played. Then, Clarinet 1 = no sound, clarinet 2 = no sound. Basn. sounded Horn1 and all the way down the score things were sounding in the wrong slots or not at all. Flabbergasted, I went back to work on the show. That\'s what I get for becoming excited.
    I wonder why this happened? Somehow I am not getting a better understanding on all of this. You would think if one instrument loaded fine and sounded fine in a sound set then the rest would as well.

quote... \"it really doesn\'t lend itself strictly to the original melodic motive\"

Ahhhhh,, that makes sense. I get the picture now, with the Waltz in there,

Just a guess, but maybe the templates to do not line up exactly right. There could be some differences between Studio\'s template and the default sound set in Overture. I don\'t think its anything wrong with what you\'re doing, the process is flawed I think.

Go Back to forum