• Register
  • Help

Topic: Overture and GPO Studio Problem?

Share/Bookmark

Question Overture and GPO Studio Problem?

What's going on -?
    I figured I would try Overture and "click" in a score and wow what a disappointment. First, I started studio and loaded Full Orchestra with Harp. Everything went OK no warnings what so ever. Next I opened Overture and set the same Full Orchestra. Managed to get the first and second flute parts in fine and they played back fine. Proceeded to chalk in the oboe and that went fine except I had trouble getting it to sound. I don\'t know what happened but it finally played. Then, Clarinet 1 = no sound, clarinet 2 = no sound. Basn. sounded Horn1 and all the way down the score things were sounding in the wrong slots or not at all. Flabbergasted, I went back to work on the show. That's what I get for becoming excited.
    I wonder why this happened? Somehow I am not getting a better understanding on all of this. You would think if one instrument loaded fine and sounded fine in a sound set then the rest would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    What's going on -?
    I figured I would try Overture and "click" in a score and wow what a disappointment. First, I started studio and loaded Full Orchestra with Harp. Everything went OK no warnings what so ever. Next I opened Overture and set the same Full Orchestra. Managed to get the first and second flute parts in fine and they played back fine. Proceeded to chalk in the oboe and that went fine except I had trouble getting it to sound. I don\'t know what happened but it finally played. Then, Clarinet 1 = no sound, clarinet 2 = no sound. Basn. sounded Horn1 and all the way down the score things were sounding in the wrong slots or not at all. Flabbergasted, I went back to work on the show. That's what I get for becoming excited.
    I wonder why this happened? Somehow I am not getting a better understanding on all of this. You would think if one instrument loaded fine and sounded fine in a sound set then the rest would as well.
    Hi Syxx,

Did you double check if your midi channel settings in GPO Studio matched that in Overture? Just to be sure everything looks good in your presets.

Anton

I'm going after that now.
    Thanks!
    Styxx

Yeah, that's it, the channels aren't lining up. I think the instruments are all the same, but the instruments aren't in Studio the way Overture thinks they are. Its probably easier to reassign them in Overture than it is to fix Studio.

Go Back to forum