• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Welcome to the New and Expanded Forum

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Welcome to the New and Expanded Forum

As you may have noticed the forum has changed.

We have been through a lot together. We've had enthralling discussions, listened to fabulous music, shared ideas, worked on music together, learned, celebrated, mourned, laughed, and helped each other. Friendships and musical collaborations have blossomed outside the forum as a result.

Our commmunity has been rapidly growing and it is time for a few new avenues and new places to congregate. A short while ago we had a discussion about the organization of the forum and many of you asked for subcategories.

I appreciate the suggestions you provided and asked the administrators what could be done. They rose to the challenge and made it happen. Thanks go to PapaChalk and DSound.

The layout of the forum is intended to provide a better experience for the members. There is much more flexibility. We can add or remove categories or have temporary categories (we can give Styxx his own joke corner). We have our "thumbs up" icon back and can turn off ratings. Moderators now have new god-like powers, so be nice to Alan, Jeff and Tom. We'll sort out some of the loose ends (especially for the br@ss folks). Maybe we cn someday incorporate a spell-checker.

It is very rewarding to see the good will, the helpfulness of the members and the friendships that have developed here. This is your forum and your community and let us know how we can make this a better place for you.

Thanks to all of you for making this forum a very special place.

Gary Garritan

Gary,
    Awesome work, a applaud you all.
    Now, here is my request;
    I would like a pastrami on rye and hold the mayo! For Lunch, a hamma sammich a cup a joe and my toolabox! Side order of GPO upgrade no fish sticks.

I would like to express my deepest appreciation for those who have made this forum what it is today.

So?
    I haven't gone that deep yet.
    You idiot! The Gods are watching!

Styxx

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ...Moderators now have new god-like powers, so be nice to Alan, Jeff and Tom...
    Haha... funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    ...Maybe we cn someday incorporate a spell-checker...
    HAHAHA... extremely funny, maybe we cn someday...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Haha... funny.

HAHAHA... extremely funny, maybe we cn someday...
    What about Francis B? Does he have any God powers? THAT would be funny!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    What about Francis B? Does he have any God powers? THAT would be funny!

Brian
    Any idea why some posts are getting cut off on the right side? This seems to happen mostly when there are quoted sections involved, and in private messages. And yes, I'm dragging my scroller all the way over, but it's still cut off sometimes. You can see it just barely on Styxx's post above, but it's much worse on some other posts.
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

"(we can give Styxx his own joke corner)"
    Ah no you don't. Knowing you guys you'll put me in a round room and tell me to sit in the corner! I'm not falling for that one again...
    Styxx

Thumbs up

I think it looks great,except I can't figure out how to post a song . There was a place to enter the url address etc. Maybe you can make a "how to place" for non computer people like

Quote Originally Posted by Shazbot
    Any idea why some posts are getting cut off on the right side? This seems to happen mostly when there are quoted sections involved, and in private messages. And yes, I'm dragging my scroller all the way over, but it's still cut off sometimes. You can see it just barely on Styxx's post above, but it's much worse on some other posts.
    It looks like the forum is designed to be "best" viewed at 1024 by 768 resolution. I'm looking at it at 800 by 600 right now and it looks crazy, but at home under 1024 by 768 resolution, I can see everything okay.

music man,

I havenÕt looked at it now for about 2 seconds, and you know that short-term memory loss thing might be kicking in, but as I remember itÕs kind of the same. Just click on the little world with a link icon above your edit box. When you mouse over it, it says "Insert Hyperlink". When you click on this icon, youÕll get a sequence of two edit windows just like before, except that the first one asks you to name your link, so place the title in there, and the second one asks for the actual link. IÕm not sure that this is exactly right, but itÕs close.

Hope this helps,

Karl

Unhappy My whole profile seems to have been lost !

Heck.... I had to set up a whole new profile for myself...the new forum didn't seem to recognise me. Not that my input so far had been spectacular or anything (just 16 or so posts) but..... Heck

Go Back to forum