• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gigapulse

Share/Bookmark

Wink Gigapulse

Does anyone have the chance to work with it ? how is the result ?

Quote Originally Posted by SyQuEsT
    Does anyone have the chance to work with it ? how is the result ?
    Stunning! This is the future of sampling, believe me.
    During both NAMM and Musikmesse shows I checked the GigaPulse engine and found it a terrific solution. While you can drastically change several aspects of the samples that would otherwise require the sample developer to include many variations (like different recording perspectives) the CPU load stays low enough to actually let you use it, unlike some other convolution engines that steal >50% of your CPU power just for one instance.
    I fiddled a bit with GigaPulse body resonance (in the new GigaPiano) that can actually replace the sustain pedal down samples entirely. You can adjust the amount of resonance in depth. It even works better than ordinary sustain pedal samples since the resonance now starts to build up when you press the pedal even on notes that are already playing, just like in real life.
    GigaPulse for reverberation is what you expect; you can set up mixes in 7 discrete channels with complete control over all microphone positions, each level, perspective etc. Couldn't be better. It was hard to actually judge the audio quality (headphones, trade show noise, you know...) but knowing TASCAM I expect it to be top notch.
    More later...

Re: Gigapulse

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Stunning! This is the future of sampling, believe me.
    During both NAMM and Musikmesse shows I checked the GigaPulse engine and found it a terrific solution. While you can drastically change several aspects of the samples that would otherwise require the sample developer to include many variations (like different recording perspectives) the CPU load stays low enough to actually let you use it, unlike some other convolution engines that steal >50% of your CPU power just for one instance.
    I fiddled a bit with GigaPulse body resonance (in the new GigaPiano) that can actually replace the sustain pedal down samples entirely. You can adjust the amount of resonance in depth. It even works better than ordinary sustain pedal samples since the resonance now starts to build up when you press the pedal even on notes that are already playing, just like in real life.
    GigaPulse for reverberation is what you expect; you can set up mixes in 7 discrete channels with complete control over all microphone positions, each level, perspective etc. Couldn't be better. It was hard to actually judge the audio quality (headphones, trade show noise, you know...) but knowing TASCAM I expect it to be top notch.
    More later...
    Michiel,
    Pardon my ignorance on this subject but I am somewhat confused. I own both your Bos 290 and Steinway D libraries and have GS3 Orchestra on order. You have said you will be bringing out 24 bit versions of both these libraries to coincide with the release of GS3. Will you be embedding Gigapulse into these updated libraries....or does embedding Gigapulse have to be done originally....at the time of actually making the recordings? Or do I do it to my taste when I have GS3 up and running?

Mal

Quote Originally Posted by mal7
    Michiel,
    Pardon my ignorance on this subject but I am somewhat confused. I own both your Bos 290 and Steinway D libraries and have GS3 Orchestra on order. You have said you will be bringing out 24 bit versions of both these libraries to coincide with the release of GS3. Will you be embedding Gigapulse into these updated libraries....or does embedding Gigapulse have to be done originally....at the time of actually making the recordings? Or do I do it to my taste when I have GS3 up and running?
    Mal
    All impulses for all rooms can be used for all instruments. The impulses for body resonance are highly specific for each instrument so these were recorded during the original sessions, yes.
    The delivery format of GigaPulse material is under construction so I cannot say how exactly you will work with them. Most likely they will be embedded in the gig file. Probably we can make them available as files for downloading as well but I'm not certain.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

I've just got GS3 orchestra up and running. The Gpulse convolve reverb is impressive. Some very useful verbs for piano, at least from my perspective.

JG

Very beatiful reverb -- but eating up all the cpu. So it's polyphony vs multiple microphone settings. I can load only one instance of Gigapulse -- still worth it!

Unfortunately, when I bought GS3 Ensemble two weeks ago, Guitar Center informed me that the only differences between GS3 Ensemble and Orchestra was midi ports and voices. I just learned last night that I have no Gigapulse so, today I called Tascam to purchase the GS3 Ensemble to Orchestra upgrade and have not yet received a return call, or email. I wasn't expecting to hear from them today anyway. I print everything to audio tracks in Digital Performer, then during mixdown, I will send an aux from the Mac/DP to the Giga PC and use it as a stand alone reverb. I don't expect any problems with CPU power that way. It is wonderful sounding though, in fact, every bit as good as Altiverb IMO.
    Now if I can just get Tascam to take my money I'll be in business.
    DPDAN

This question is for Layer Sayers: any chance of new reverbs being added to the existing gigapulse list? And how would I "add" them?

Also, how do I make super-fine adjustments to, say, the "wetness" of your verbs? I can't seem to key in actual numbers, only the sliders work for me, and they're a bit crude for fine adjustments.

JG

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGrant
    This question is for Layer Sayers: any chance of new reverbs being added to the existing gigapulse list? And how would I "add" them?

Also, how do I make super-fine adjustments to, say, the "wetness" of your verbs? I can't seem to key in actual numbers, only the sliders work for me, and they're a bit crude for fine adjustments.

JG
    I do dry / wet adjustment in using Gigapulse in the aux channels (send). It also works using the group channels.

Question Re: Gigapulse

Once I read that Gigapulse (or Gigastudio ?) would revive old samples libraries,

Anybody used such libraries with Giga Studio and Gigapulse ?

SergeD

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast