• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GPO & Film Scoring Classes this Summer at Napier University, Scotland

Share/Bookmark

Arrow GPO & Film Scoring Classes this Summer at Napier University, Scotland

We are pleased to announce that the course "Creating Orchestral Simulations using the Garritan Personal Orchestra" will be offered this Summer as part of the Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program (PNWFSP) in conjunction with Napier University, Edinburgh (Scotland).

The Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program (PNWFSP) European Summer Intensive offers an exceptional opportunity to develop your skills as a composer. The inaugural two-week European Summer Intensive program is led by Emmy-award winning composer Hummie Mann. World-class acoustic guitarist and composer Ged Brockie will be instructing the GPO course, and Hummie Mann will be instructing the Film Scoring courses. Other courses include: Film Scoring I, Film Scoring II, Film Scoring III, Programming/Midi, Practical Music Theory For The Contemporary Composer, and Recording/Mixing/Production.

The program will be held at Napier University’s Ian Tomlin School of Music in Edinburgh, Scotland and will run Monday 23rd August to Friday 3rd September. The beautiful Scottish capital of Edinburgh, is an ideal place to host this program. The PNWFSP European Summer Intensive runs concurrently with the Edinburgh International Festival and accomadations are available at very reasonable rates. Enrollment is limited.

For more info visit: http://www.pnwfilmmusic.com/europe/default.asp

I wholeheartedly recommend this program to all GPO users and those who want to learn about film scoring.

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up

Mmmm, this sounds really good!!

Anton

I got to tell ya, everything big, new and exciting happens over seas! I better start rowing or I'll be late for the first class.
    Styxx

Have no fear. This course has been available in Seattle for several years. This is the first time they have actually taken it overseas. Check their website and look for a time when it will be here...
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Quote Originally Posted by dewdman42
    Have no fear. This course has been available in Seattle for several years. This is the first time they have actually taken it overseas. Check their website and look for a time when it will be here...
    OK, so I should put my Kilt and bagpipes away. Cool.
    Styxx

Question Re Bagpipes etc..

This course looks great...wow, do the people all wear kilts and play bagpipes in Scotchland?

Scottie

Here is an interesting site and article on Bagpipes you may find interesting - www.stgeorgesnews.org/2003/08f04.htm
    Styxx

Sounds great Gary.

I live in Europe, but don't have the time nor the cash right now.

Ah well, maybe some other time?

Cheers

Rodney

Talking Bagpipes

Gee...really interesting, did'nt know there was soooo much to it all....

Re: GPO & Film Scoring Classes this Summer at Napier University, Scotland

Hey Dewdman:

Thanks for the tip on the Seattle workshop. I went online last night and registered for it.

Before I put my money down, does anybody know anything about these workshops? Who are they geared for? (Professionals, students, newbies) How much actual time do you get working in studio, with pictures? Worth the money?

I'd really like to do a workshop that would expand my knowledge of writing for picture. Anybody know of any other workshops?

(BTW, I have a commission next year to write a piece for Symphonic Band, Organ and Bagpipes for an Aberdeen music festival. NO....I AM SERIOUS!! I would have loved to attended the one in Scottland to do some firsthand bagpipe research)

Go Back to forum