• Register
  • Help

Topic: A slightly different cue

Smile A slightly different cue

Hi all, this is something I 've been working on this week, its kind of different from my usual stuff so any feedback is appreciated.

- SCA - Sound Studios -

Great tune.... sounds good in everything ive played it on..
    Nice percussion.. Sounds more like something out an assasin game...

Oh well..

Cheers for the track Scott. Was it for yourself or work?

I really like this piece for the mood it creates. It's simple yet effective. It even makes the cut to be put onto my hard drive for MP3 listening. It will sit next to moody thoughts . Keep up the great work!

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: where did you get that metal hits from? They sound sweet as.

Been watching Alias lately? Actually it doesn't sound too Alias like (it would if you only use Stylus and Atmosphere).

Sounds good but the loop got a bit old after a while. I would consider adding more percussive stuff or changing things up a bit halfway through.

Hi Guys, thanks for the feedback.

Ninriggs: This piece is actually to pitch for some more work.

Waynesim: Thanks! The metal hit is actually a low anvil sample from EWQLSO Gold.

Midphase: Nope dont watch Alias. But thanks for the suggestions, there isn't actually any Stylus in there, I built the loop myself. You're probably quite right though, it kind of just repeats, I was toying with the idea of layering more percussion as the track progresses, sounds like I should do just that.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -

Nice work Scott.
    I'm a sucker for that percussive element. You use it to good effect. Simple but effective.

Go Back to forum