• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and electronic music

Share/Bookmark

GPO and electronic music

Hi all!
    I'm currently working on some new "progressive electronica" songs for my next CD, using GPO quite extensively. Ok, may be this is not exactly the way many of you will use this software, BTW It works very well for me.

So, if you are curious to hear GPO mixed with some analog and addictive synthesis, follow the link below (you have been warned :-).

Link to my page at downloadmusic.com

The song is the one on the top of the songs list, "Movimenti all'Orizzonte" (Movements at the Horizon). Well, it's actually just a two minutes excerpt, the whole song is about ten minutes, but it gives the idea.

Criticism welcomed if you like to share your opinions.

Cheers,
    Alessandro

Thumbs up

Alessandro,
    I liked Metamorphosis #1. Even without drums it has mood and development.
    sfiks

Thanks sfiks. Metamorphosis #1 is actually "self sustaining" even if part of a longer song (actually a three songs suite). This is less true for the other songs, that develop over their full lenght, but the whole songs are not for download.
    I rarely use drums, there are too many in contemporary electronic music I think.

Ciao,
    Alessandro

Yes download.com is quite good. I'm there from one month and got more than a thousand downloads with just three songs online (BTW I got one song featured by the editors that drove some traffic to my page and boosted downloads).

Try it,
    Alessandro

Woe! Seriously cool! Nice very nice...
    Styxx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by (((AF)))
    I rarely use drums, there are too many in contemporary electronic music I think.
    One of my pieces is written without drums. If you have time, give it a look.
    Passacaglia
    sfiks

Thanks Styxx!

Slava, nice song, I just would keep the flanging strings a bit lower in volume throughout the song, expecially at the beginning.

What about a GPO orchestration?

Alessandro

Re: GPO and electronic music

Thanks, I allready remixed that but didn't have time to post.
    I got GPO 10 days ago, and still working on first masterpiece for string quartet.
    Take care
    sfiks

Alessandro,

It is very nice to hear GPO used in Progressive Electronica music. The GPO instruments blended very nicely with synthesis.

You did strike a very good balance with orchestral and electronic producing a more human touch. There seems to be a little Kitaro, Tangerine Dream and Vangelis influence.

I enjoyed this excursion into a new musical realm. Looking forward to hearing more of your work. Would you mind this being posted on the GPO website?

Thanks for posting this

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

I enjoyed this excursion into a new musical realm. Looking forward to hearing more of your work. Would you mind this being posted on the GPO website?

Thanks for posting this

Gary Garritan
    Hi Garritan!
    I'm delighted and honored for your comments. Please feel free to post the song on the GPO website. I purchased GPO because I had this kind of music in mind but was unable to put the idea at work due to the limitations of my equipment (that is great for many more "classical electronic" purposes, but not for orchestral sounds). GPO fit in and did the job.

Cheers,
    Alessandro

Go Back to forum