• Register
  • Help

Topic: How often is the web page updated?

Share/Bookmark

How often is the web page updated?

Just out of curiosity. My mother has been bothering me to do something with music since I can remember. Im hoping Mr Garritan's offer to put the unfinished piece up would satisfy her nagging for a bit so I can say I did "something" besides write something and stash in on the shelf lol. No rush and I dont want to be at all pushy. Was just curious how often the pages are updated
    Nicole Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Was just curious how often the pages are updated
    Not often as I would like.

check the "Living Composers" Demo section, second one down.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3_L.html

Gary Garritan

Thumbs up

Don't mean to intrude on your post but that's beautiful Gary. Nicole has truly earned an honored place and next to Francesco no less.
    Nicole, congratulations! You are one heck of a composer...

No joking here.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Not often as I would like.

check the "Living Composers" Demo section, second one down.

http://www.garritan.com/mp3_L.html

Gary Garritan
    Bleh, you know I didn't want to have it in a forced upload position! I could have waited. I was just curious about the schedule of updates and when to expect. I thank you alot and by no means expected to take your time away to put it up. I could have waited like I said and I probably should have kept my trap closed lol, people have things to do and I understand time constraints

Anyway she will be pleased. Somethiing thats seen or heard from a very popular music company! Im thinking more and more about the competition, but it sorta scares me at the same time. I find it hard to take peoples work and place lables on it. Music is a hard genre to judge. Its like taking two different people and asking which is more beautiful and finely crafted, the beach or the mountains, its completely subjective and opinion.
    Now can I go play with my life the way I want to MOM? lol

Woke up at 2 am with a splitting headache, so here I am waiting for the aspirin to kick in. My sinus congestion is ''off the charts"

PS does it really sound cinematic?? I was thinking more along the lines of the Romantic period sound Well I guess that could be Cinematic being that so much of this time periods contribution to harmony has made its way to film music.
    Nicole Davis

"Woke up at 2 am with a splitting headache, so here I am waiting for the aspirin to kick in. My sinus congestion is ''off the charts"

You are not alone...4m, sinus headache=4 Tylenol, and a pot of strong coffee.
    Styxx

Re: How often is the web page updated?

Hi Nicole
    You are right: Cinema is "borrowing" a lot of romantic music. So forget about labels - it sounds good. Period.
    Take the advice from an old man: Go for it (the competition). Your piece has excellent potential for live orchestral performance. Plus the deadline is a good medicine against beeing lazy and will push you for better. Even if you dont want to take the boat to europe, you can make your mom happy...
    fmfgs

Go Back to forum