• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cubase SE?

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SE?

I was given Cubase SE 1.07 tonight by a friend as a gift. Upon checking out the GPO RESOURCE PAGES I noticed there was Cubase SX and 4.0. Now, is SE and older Cubase or newer? Should I bother with it or would it be to my advantage?

< still love this icon>
    Styxx

SE is newer than 4.0. It has a lot of enhancements that I think will benefit you. I wish I had friends like that. Enjoy your new software.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    SE is newer than 4.0. It has a lot of enhancements that I think will benefit you. I wish I had friends like that. Enjoy your new software.
    Yes but, is is newer than SX? And you do have friend like that, me. Make sure you always keep in touch. Better days are coming.
    Styxx

SE is a toned down version of SL which in turn is a toned down version of SX. There are some missing features, but I don't know if you'll notice them, and some limitations. There is an upgrade path to SL and then to SX if you are interested one day. Here is a link to the product features comparisons:

Cubase SE/SL/SX Features and Comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Yes but, is is newer than SX? And you do have friend like that, me. Make sure you always keep in touch. Better days are coming.
    Thanks, I needed that smile.

Congratulations on topping 1000 posts. I wish I had something to send you.

Not newer then SX. SE is a limited version of SX with some functions missing . I got it bundled with some hardware, but it never worked on my computer (problems with dongle installation).
    If you now work with Cubase 4: Go for SE.
    fmfgs

I installed it tonight and everything seem to go OK. It is definitely above 4.0 and there are some nice much appreciated features. However, I ran into the Latency problem again and tying to figure it out by the book. Sometimes I wish they would get to the meat of the subject instead of rambling. Oh well I guess it serves it's purpose.
    Any fast clue on how to fix this?
    Tanks or jeeps (which ever you prefer)
    Styxx

I don't know a thing about SE, but I figure the tried and true method of checking your default audio device (in Audio Systems or something) will solve this problem. Make sure that the MME or Direct X device isn't selected. I think you said you have an Audigy so there should be an Audigy ASIO device driver in there somewhere. Wish I could help more, but I don't have any experiece with SE.

Or junk, or stuff.

Thumbs up

Once I get the latency problem solved this looks to be a promising sequencing tool. I love the layout and straightforward paths. Wow, importing GPO was a no brainer (and that's a big plus for this old brain). I can't wait to get home and play with it more tonight.
    Just getting over that stupid latency problem. Manual wasn't much help.
    Styxx

Hi

Does anyone know about upgrade paths from Cubasis to Cubase (SE or other)?

Any info much appreciated.

Cheers

Rodney

Go Back to forum