• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI Old Lady new demos and free demo gig file

Share/Bookmark

PMI Old Lady new demos and free demo gig file

Please visit www.postpiano.com for the latest demos of The Old Lady and to download a free demo gig file (156 MB downloadable WinRar file).

The beta demo file expands to a 800 MB, 16 bit GigaStudio 2 file, with 2 full playable octaves and all A-notes. 4 Presets are available: Normal, real-time re-pedalling, no-sustain and only-sustain versions. Every instrument should be stacked in GigaStudio with the Release instrument wich is also included. Downloading works at 45 kb/sec and took me an hour or so. A final demo file will be distributed on DVD’s later.

We didn't try the conversion to other sampler formats like EXS and HALion yet and we welcome any feedback on that.

We started shipping the library to all customers who used our special $145 introduction offer and will replace these disks as soon as we have the final 24 bits samples back from the company that is removing minor artifacts from a few samples. The Sonic No-Noise process takes longer than expected.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post

Please visit www.postpiano.com for the latest demos of The Old Lady and to download a free demo gig file (156 MB downloadable WinRar file).

The beta demo file expands to a 800 MB, 16 bit GigaStudio 2 file, with 2 full playable octaves and all A-notes. 4 Presets are available: Normal, real-time re-pedalling, no-sustain and only-sustain versions. Every instrument should be stacked in GigaStudio with the Release instrument wich is also included. Downloading works at 45 kb/sec and took me an hour or so. A final demo file will be distributed on DVD’s later.

We didn't try the conversion to other sampler formats like EXS and HALion yet and we welcome any feedback on that.

We started shipping the library to all customers who used our special $145 introduction offer and will replace these disks as soon as we have the final 24 bits samples back from the company that is removing minor artifacts from a few samples. The Sonic No-Noise process takes longer than expected.
    So am I properly understanding that the Gigastudio 3 version is superior to the Kontakt version in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDavinci
    So am I properly understanding that the Gigastudio 3 version is superior to the Kontakt version in some way?
    Serious?
    Unless you consider 128 dimensions, unlimited stacking of instruments, integrated convolution technology and smart midi rules (oh, and unlimited polyphony, Rewire suport, GSIF in-and out) of no importance GigaStudio 3 should be considered to be the most advanced and groundbreaking sampling application from now on.
    I predict that it's features will drastically change the way sample libraries are designed. Convolution will become one of the most interesting technologies and will replace methods of working that are now consuming precious data bandwidth. For example; a few convolution presets can replace different recording perspectives, sustain pedal resonance and room acoustics, just to give an example. You can imagine that a church organ will have unlimited amounts of timbres based in IR's of the pipes instead of having individual samples for each pipe, each registration and combination of registrations. You can "print" the instrument characteristics of a Stradivarius violin onto a cheap Chinese instrument (or vise versa). The possibilities are endless.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Serious?
    Unless you consider 128 dimensions, unlimited stacking of instruments, integrated convolution technology and smart midi rules (oh, and unlimited polyphony, Rewire suport, GSIF in-and out) of no importance GigaStudio 3 should be considered to be the most advanced and groundbreaking sampling application from now on.
    I predict that it's features will drastically change the way sample libraries are designed. Convolution will become one of the most interesting technologies and will replace methods of working that are now consuming precious data bandwidth. For example; a few convolution presets can replace different recording perspectives, sustain pedal resonance and room acoustics, just to give an example. You can imagine that a church organ will have unlimited amounts of timbres based in IR's of the pipes instead of having individual samples for each pipe, each registration and combination of registrations. You can "print" the instrument characteristics of a Stradivarius violin onto a cheap Chinese instrument (or vise versa). The possibilities are endless.
    It's just that I do have Kontakt, and I don't have Gigastudio. And I didn't really know there was that significant a difference.
    So are the demos done in Giga then? How much different will the Kontakt version sound?
    Mark

Re: PMI Old Lady new demos and free demo gig file

Michiel,
    There will be a Giga3 version of Old Lady I presume...24 bit, Giga Pulse? etc When will this be released do you expect?

The same day that GS3 is available we will release the GS3 version (with GigaPulse and 24 bit samples and more goodies!).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel, i downloaded the installer for the .gig file (Old Lady) and when it gets to the end of decompressing it the insatllation fails?

I tried to download this morning and now the link to the download fails?

BTW i listend to the demos, Woa.... this piano sounds great! Would love to get my hands on that demo .gig

giga...

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    Michiel, i downloaded the installer for the .gig file (Old Lady) and when it gets to the end of decompressing it the insatllation fails?

I tried to download this morning and now the link to the download fails?

BTW i listend to the demos, Woa.... this piano sounds great! Would love to get my hands on that demo .gig

giga...
    Thank you giga!
    I removed the exe file since it turns out to be corrupt!
    I'm uploading a fresh copy right now and will download and test it before making the file back available, I do hope to have it available later today. It takes me hours to upload....
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

The demo file is back on-line. Hope it all went well, I don't have time to download and test...
    Can somebody confirm us when it's working?

The file is 176 MB on the server and is heavily compressed with WinRar, which makes it rather vulnerable for drop-outs I guess. I try to keep my bandwidth down (there was a >30 GiB data bump yesterday and the server was disconnected for half an hour which took me a few phonecalls to correct). If this trouble should continue I'll host the demo file with another provider, seperated from the 1.4 GB of audio demos.

http://www.postpiano.com/tests/OLD%20LADY%20demo.exe
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Thumbs up Re: PMI Old Lady new demos and free demo gig file

The demo file is back on-line. Hope it all went well, I don't have time to download and test...
    Can somebody confirm us when it's working?

http://www.postpiano.com/tests/OLD%20LADY%20demo.exe

I was able to download and extract without any problem. Sound is fantastic!

I am looking forward to this one

Go Back to forum