• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cakewalk Home Studio 6.0

Share/Bookmark

Cakewalk Home Studio 6.0

I can use GPO as a standalone just fine, but how do I access the sounds from Cakewalk? Do I need some kind of plug-in from somewhere?

Thanks in advance
    IJ
    (by way of equipment, I have an Alesis QS 6.1 keyboard, Delta 1010LT soundcard and lots of RAM and hard drive space)

Re: Cakewalk Home Studio 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by ijackson
    I can use GPO as a standalone just fine, but how do I access the sounds from Cakewalk? Do I need some kind of plug-in from somewhere?

Thanks in advance
    IJ
    (by way of equipment, I have an Alesis QS 6.1 keyboard, Delta 1010LT soundcard and lots of RAM and hard drive space)
    IJ, you have to upgrade to Sonar. Cakewalk 6 is too old and cannot link DXi and VST (the way GPO interfaces with sequencers).

Alessandro

Quote Originally Posted by (((AF)))
    IJ, you have to upgrade to Sonar. Cakewalk 6 is too old and cannot link DXi and VST (the way GPO interfaces with sequencers).

Alessandro
    Ah, thank you

IJ

Actually, Home Studio 2004 will host DXi plug-ins. If that's all you're missing, no need to upgrade all the way to Sonar.

You can also use GPO Studio which is cheaper than upgrading, reason being, it's free. I thought GPO came as a dxi as well?

Thanks Dan, I downloaded the demo version of Sonar, but this just adds to the arch of my learning curve Now I can at least see GPO in the software, however. I may only upgrade to the 2004 version if I don't actually need Sonar.

But I still have a problem in spite of that. I can set it up to access the GPO sounds in Sonar, but for the life of me, I can't hear them either during recording or playback. I think I have a very basic setup problem, maybe something to do with midi itself, or the soundcard or SOMETHING. I can record...it indicates that the connection is working and the clip appears in the window, but no sounds. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks so much for your help, guys
    IJ

Hi,
    You may be eligible for a special price on Sonar if you are a registered Cakewalk user and on file.
    I use CWHS2004XL quite a bit with GPO and may be able to help you if you decide that route.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hi,
    You may be eligible for a special price on Sonar if you are a registered Cakewalk user and on file.
    I use CWHS2004XL quite a bit with GPO and may be able to help you if you decide that route.
    Yes, I'm registered, so a special price would be good

Thanks,
    IJ

Go Back to forum