• Register
  • Help

Topic: Maple MIDI Tools Problem

Share/Bookmark

Maple MIDI Tools Problem

Suddenly this is what I get:

Error: Maple's midi driver is not properly installed - exiting.

I have reinstalled it twice today and I still keep on getting the same error message. Now I can't load Maestro tools!

Has anybody had this problem and solved it? Please help!

Thank you.

Re: Maple MIDI Tools Problem

Go here: http://www.marblesound.com and download the Midi Maple Driver.zip
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Thank you.

I did just that but still I am getting the same error problem. I don't even understand what it means.

The Maple MIDI ports are still working in Sonar and Giga, but when I run Maple MIDI Tools I get the error message and can't load the program at all.

Make sure you have first uninstalled, then reinstall, then restart your computer.

I know most of us ignore the uninstall and restart portion fo those directions, but it was giving me the same troubles until I followed the above to the 't'.

If that doesn't work, try disconnecting your midi devices as this is the first thing maple looks for, and see if it may be a currupt device driver...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

That's a strange one Nhick - I checked the code for the error message- it relates to the driver's registry value. It looks like the code is okay, so we'll check the registry value over the phone if you can give me a call. I'm sending a PM to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hurchalla
    That's a strange one Nhick - I checked the code for the error message- it relates to the driver's registry value. It looks like the code is okay, so we'll check the registry value over the phone if you can give me a call. I'm sending a PM to you.
    Jeff,

Thank you very much for all your help! I got the files you sent me and everything's working fine now.

I upgraded the DDR memories of my computer to 2 gigs last week. They were not available at the store so I was without memory chips the whole weekend. I got them today, updated the Maple exe file and Maestro tools is back again!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

After updating to the latest M-audio driver I'm getting the exact same error and experience with trying to correct the situation with uninstalls/installs. Jeff, can you help?

Bill

Given no feedback on my issue above, I cleaned up all residual registry entries for Maple and re-installed the software. It's now working fine.

Bill

Go Back to forum