• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help Please.. PC1 Giga , PC2 Cubase

Share/Bookmark

Help Please.. PC1 Giga , PC2 Cubase

I finally split things in 2.
    PC1 has Cubase and an 8 in -8 out Midisport. All is well with this.
    PC2 has Giga and and 2 in-4 out Midisport alomh with a DElta 66 4 out soundcard. All is not well.

I was advised that I would need a 4 out midi setup on this pc so that ports 1 thru 4 would have 16 midi channels each functioning.

I have the 4 outs on the small midisport/Giga setup going to 4 in's on the the big midisport /cubase.
    I also have one in on the giga midisport going to one out on the cbase midisport.

Therefore the cubase pc1 is the master and the giga pc2 is the slave.

If this makes sense to anyone and any light can be shed on this as to why I hear nothing my blood pressure would drop immediately !

Adriann

Re: Help Please.. PC1 Giga , PC2 Cubase

Adriann,

Your Giga PC should have 4 ins not outs. Midi from Cubase PC needs to go out of the big Midisport...and into the small midisport on the Giga PC. For Giga you need a MIDI interface with 4 INS so you can use the 4 ports

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Salonga
    Adriann,

Your Giga PC should have 4 ins not outs. Midi from Cubase PC needs to go out of the big Midisport...and into the small midisport on the Giga PC. For Giga you need a MIDI interface with 4 INS so you can use the 4 ports
    If you get MidiOverLan, then you don't need MIDI hardware at all. Just software and an Ethernet connection.

Gigastudio is the sampler. It does not ouput midi. It outputs audio.

Midi in - GS - Audio out

Jon

How is your midi over lan setup? I use Win XP on all systems (1 giga, 1 cubase 1 kontakt). Do I need special software or can I just use Win drivers? Thanks

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard Salonga
    Adriann,

Thankyou so much for the help. So simple and of course it worked!

I first posted in a cubase forum and the advice was 4 outs.
    Now it makes sense.

Go Back to forum