Topic: So farewell Ronnie

Share/Bookmark

So farewell Ronnie

sponsored links

***Advertisments***

Re: So farewell Ronnie

24 years too late...

Well......it's very thoughtful of you two to bid this great man such a kind farewell.

Ronald Reagan might not have measured up to your communist ideals, but he certainly measured up to America as a whole, winning 49 states in his re-election.

He blessed this country with an optomism and charm that captured the hearts of Americans.

His vision of America's potential ignited a conservative movement that brought down the evil empire and re-inforced the ideals of self-rule and individual freedom the world over.

To quote Newt; "“All free people stand on Reagan’s shoulders." Amen to that.

Bill Clinton: “Hillary and I will always remember President Ronald Reagan for the way he personified the indomitable optimism of the American people, and for keeping America at the forefront of the fight for freedom for people everywhere. It is fitting that a piece of the Berlin Wall adorns the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington.”

Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass: “We often disagreed on issues of the day, but I had immense respect and admiration for his leadership and his extraordinary ability to inspire the nation to live up to its high ideals. The warmth of his personality always shown through, and his infectious optimism gave us all the feeling that it really was ‘morning in America.’ On foreign policy he will be honored as the President who won the Cold War, and his ‘Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall’ will be linked forever with President Kennedy’s ‘Ich bin ein Berliner.’"

Democratic National Chairman Terry McAuliffe: "Reagan represented the best of civility in American politics and the finest traditions of standing up nobly for what you believe in. Even during the toughest political fights, he and former House Speaker Tip O’Neill could always sit down together after the workday was done, as friends and fellow patriots. Today there is mourning in America because this is not just a loss for Republicans -- it is a loss for all Americans."

Ronald Reagan, who was loved by millions upon millions of people, is my personal hero. He will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in the history of America. I will forever be trying to win one for the gipper.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by His Frogness
    Well......it's very thoughtful of you two to bid this great man such a kind farewell.

Ronald Reagan might not have measured up to your communist ideals, but he certainly measured up to America as a whole, winning 49 states in his re-election.

He blessed this country with an optomism and charm that captured the hearts of Americans.

His vision of America's potential ignited a conservative movement that brought down the evil empire and re-inforced the ideals of self-rule and individual freedom the world over.

To quote Newt; "“All free people stand on Reagan’s shoulders." Amen to that.

Bill Clinton: “Hillary and I will always remember President Ronald Reagan for the way he personified the indomitable optimism of the American people, and for keeping America at the forefront of the fight for freedom for people everywhere. It is fitting that a piece of the Berlin Wall adorns the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington.”

Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass: “We often disagreed on issues of the day, but I had immense respect and admiration for his leadership and his extraordinary ability to inspire the nation to live up to its high ideals. The warmth of his personality always shown through, and his infectious optimism gave us all the feeling that it really was ‘morning in America.’ On foreign policy he will be honored as the President who won the Cold War, and his ‘Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall’ will be linked forever with President Kennedy’s ‘Ich bin ein Berliner.’"

Democratic National Chairman Terry McAuliffe: "Reagan represented the best of civility in American politics and the finest traditions of standing up nobly for what you believe in. Even during the toughest political fights, he and former House Speaker Tip O’Neill could always sit down together after the workday was done, as friends and fellow patriots. Today there is mourning in America because this is not just a loss for Republicans -- it is a loss for all Americans."

Ronald Reagan, who was loved by millions upon millions of people, is my personal hero. He will be remembered as one of the greatest presidents in the history of America. I will forever be trying to win one for the gipper.

Ronald Reagan 1911-2004

May he rest in peace.
    Amen, your Frogness.

I'm not suprised to see the others show their true colors.

Reagan IS a hero of mine and I'll always remember him fondly.

Wes

Reagan IS a hero of mine and I'll always remember him fondly
    As will I.
    May God watch over his soul.

Ronnie was a puppet of the conservative movement. He was not a great man. He wasn't even a particularly smart man. He was a charismatic boob.

He also became a criminal during his second term in office. And he more or less CREATED Osama Bin Laden (with a heap of help from his V.P.)

If this is someone you want to call your hero, so be it.

I feel for his wife and his family, who surely loved him, as I would feel for any wife and family that loses a loved one. I do not mourn for the nation, however. We would have been better off without him.

By the way, Frog, isn't communism a bit passe these days? Isn't anyone who disagrees with the hard right supposed to be called a terrorist? Go back and check your neo-con talking points. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.

The facts about Ronnie are not so positive, but honestly I don't think it's exactly the best time to put him down. Many people loved him. Not me. RIP.

yeah rip after all he did give nicaragua the contra's

and he did bring a lot of happiness to South America as a whole

RIP and all that, but I'm sorry: Reagan was a *dreadful* president and a dopey figurehead at the whim of the sharks around him. He should have been thrown out of office for the Iran-Contra affair, and his legacy was a widened gap between the haves and have-nots, as well as lots of social programs that were undone at an amazingly rapid rate.

The only contribution he made to the decline of the Soviet empire was to spend more on arms than they could, helping to bankrupt them!

And yet he looks like a great president next to the present one.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Dudley Simpson
    Oh for god's sake hold on to your balls, Nick. I mourned John Smith's death here in England ten years ago, but he was a decent man with policies to prove it. Ron was just a right-wing chancer who got selected as "the voice". Cut the childhood-saluting patriot crap. You're NOT an American. You're human. If that sounds hopelessly 60s, then I couldn't give a sheeyat.

Heath
    OK you're right. Screw the b[nss][nss][nss]tard. Let's not forget that he was directly responsible for the savings and loan scandal.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast