• Register
  • Help

Topic: In memory of D-Day veterans

Share/Bookmark

In memory of D-Day veterans

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I don't how many of you had relatives who fought in this, one of the most daring and bloody-minded of recorded battles, but seeing as its 60 years on today I thought it only fitting to once again remind ourselves how much we owe the soldiers who fought so bravely on this day. My Great Uncle Ted, who died the other day, and my Grandfather were both involved in the assault and the former suffered ever after from shrapnel wounds and breathing problems as a result. He got off lightly, as he always said.

We can sit here and waffle on about this library vs that, or PC vs MAC, but shouldn't forget the people who enabled us to have that very freedom today.
    Trev Parks

Re: In memory of D-Day veterans

Quote Originally Posted by T Parks
    I don't how many of you had relatives who fought in this, one of the most daring and bloody-minded of recorded battles, but seeing as its 60 years on today I thought it only fitting to once again remind ourselves how much we owe the soldiers who fought so bravely on this day. My Great Uncle Ted, who died the other day, and my Grandfather were both involved in the assault and the former suffered ever after from shrapnel wounds and breathing problems as a result. He got off lightly, as he always said.

We can sit here and waffle on about this library vs that, or PC vs MAC, but shouldn't forget the people who enabled us to have that very freedom today.
    Here here...brave souls indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by T Parks

right on.

JG

Respect and Honor

Go Back to forum