• Register
  • Help

Topic: Best 100 Communities for Music Education in America

Share/Bookmark

Best 100 Communities for Music Education in America

The results of the 2004 "Best 100 Communities for Music Education in America" survey have been published online. Please use the link below to see the list, to learn more about the survey program, and to find out about the importance of music education.

http://www.amc-music.org/musicmaking/schools/survey.htm

The survey represents an unprecedented partnership among the nation's leading organizations working on behalf of music and education. The survey is sponsored by the American Music Conference (AMC); MENC: The National Association for Music Education; MTNA, the Music Teachers National Association; NSBA, the National School Boards Association; Save the Music Foundation; and Yamaha Corporation of America.

It is interesting that so 37% of these communities were in New York/NJ/CT - Tri-State Area.

According to a recent nationwide survey conducted by the Gallup organization, 95 percent of Americans believe that music is a key component in a child’s well-rounded education. More than three quarters of those surveyed feel schools should mandate music education and 80 percent of respondents agreed that making music makes participants smarter. I'm sure many will agree and I urge GPO Users to do what they can to support music education in their communities.

Gary Garritan

Re: Best 100 Communities for Music Education in America

Awesome! Two schools listed were I am proud to say I have had the pleasure in working with some of their top talented students in my musicals.
    Very good feeling. Thanks for posting Gary.
    Styxx

Well, that explains my ineptitude, not one South Carolina school on the list. Our musical experiences in the rural backwoods where I originated centered around rude noises made after a phosphate rich dinner. Ewww.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Two schools listed were I am proud to say I have had the pleasure in working with some of their top talented students in my musicals.
    Very good feeling.
    Maybe that's why they are on the list Styxx. Dedicated folks like you have made a difference.

Gary Garritan

Thanks Gary,
    I loved my work with the community theatre group and take pride in my cast members. Sometimes it seems sad that I find myself at a crossroads this year and have to leave my position. Knowing I left a positive musical mark on a young talents life made it all worth it!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum