• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where is Jonny? (Who?!!!) :-)

Share/Bookmark

Where is Jonny? (Who?!!!) :-)

Hey everyone,

I just wasnted to let everyone know what I have been up to lately. If anyone had noticed I have not been around much this past month. I have been extremely busy.

The house remodeling is still proceeding each day with my wife coming up with more projects for me to do. I've also, recently, started a new job.

Also, I've been writing songs that I can use to enter the John Lennon song writing contest, which, if the forum will allow me, I would like to post here soon to get some feedback. They will not have any GPO in them, just me and my trusty guitar, but I would really like to have people I trust critique them and give feedback.

I have several smaller film projects lined up that I will compose with GPO exclusively and will post when they are finished.

Plus, I have two orchestral compositions that I have been working on (Maybe for the GPO orchestra composition).

Finally, I am taking a break in July. My wife and I are taking an Alaskan Cruise for our anniversary. I plan to take many, many photos and create a slideshow, complete with an original score (done with GPO no less) which I will post here as well.

So what's the point here? I have absolutely no idea. I just thought that some might wonder where I've been. I know that I have spent the last two hours catching up on new demos and mock-ups that have been submitted (I have somewhere near 330 GPO compositions saved on my computer) and trying to add something to the community.

I hope to have a bit more time to contribute to the forum in the near future. Believe it or not, things are actually starting to slow down for me! YEAH!!!!

OK, I'm done with my useless post. Now back to your scheduled programming!

I hope to talk to you all soon,
    Jonny

By the way, what's a guy got to do to get some stars around this joint? Nice work on the forum, it looks and feels great!!

Re: Where is Jonny? (Who?!!!) :-)

You know you have a lot of couples of ears here, willing to hear your work .

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Finally, I am taking a break in July. My wife and I are taking an Alaskan Cruise for our anniversary.
    Jonny,

Took my wife on an Alaska cruise back in August, 2001. You'll love it. Hope you get a chance to go up to Denali National Park.

Dont worry John. Most wifes have to major preoccupations:
    1. House improvement (easy)
    2. Husband improvement (worse)
    So try to stick to the first one as long as possible.
    fmfgs

I thought something felt wrong with the force here! Nice to read from you again and when you post your new compositions make sure they come with plenty of Alaskan King Crab!!!
    Gee, I hope they let you post your songs from the contest I would love to hear them! My partner and I have a song we worked on this past winter in memory of John Lennon. I orchestrated it with GPO last month. Just thought you would be interested. No biggie.
    Styxx

Hi Jonny,

Welcome back. We missed having you around. Thanks for keeping us up to date on what you have been up to. Congratuations on the film projects and good luck with the contest and remodeling.

While you were away, Robert Kral answered your post of a couple of weeks ago. http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=20987

You're taking an Alaskan Cruise in July! You'll probably be passing by Orcas Island on the way. If you're departing from Seattle/Vancouver or Bellingham perhaps we can meet.

330 GPO compositions saved on your computer! You are the most prolific writer I know. Mozart move over!

Gary Garritan

Ii i i i i i i i it's Johnny!! Thanks for sharing that with us. Busy, Busy!

Be aware that we can criticise your Lennon piece as much as we like if it doesn't have any GPO in it. (or is this interpretation not in the spirit of the rule )

Seriously though, I for one would be very interested in hearing it.

Frank

There's a new interview for "miraclestv.com" with Rob Kral I thought you may find interesting. Here's the link:

http://www.miraclestv.com/robfeature.html

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum