• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Somtimes

Share/Bookmark

Somtimes

You just have to do something that is not something you do often!
    I have no clue why I did this, but it didnt take long

http://home.cfl.rr.com/delly/why.mp3
    Nicole Davis

Re: Somtimes

I don't know why either, but I'm glad you did.

You don't here pieces like this around NS often. Really brightened my day. Great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    You just have to do something that is not something you do often!
    I have no clue why I did this, but it didnt take long

http://home.cfl.rr.com/delly/why.mp3
    Nicole, You really know the way to a man's heart is through his 'ragtime' Joplin channel.. Smashing piece. It took me three years to perfect Joplin's' The Enter Tayner'. Then I gradually lost it amongst new pieces....that's why I got interested in Computer composition.

You ought to get together with Karl. I loved his recent tribute piece and suggested that he did a Tom Hopkin's 'Easy Winners' treatment. Your piece would be great too with this...perhaps in your spare time!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Nicole, You really know the way to a man's heart is through his 'ragtime' Joplin channel.. Smashing piece. It took me three years to perfect Joplin's' The Enter Tayner'. Then I gradually lost it amongst new pieces....that's why I got interested in Computer composition.

You ought to get together with Karl. I loved his recent tribute piece and suggested that he did a Tom Hopkin's 'Easy Winners' treatment. Your piece would be great too with this...perhaps in your spare time!

Frank
    Hmm thats the way to a mans heart is thru ragtime or that feel? Im lucky to get mine to listen to anything besides classic rock. lol
    Nicole Davis

Hi Nicole,

the piece is in fact very good. It is a joy to listen to it. However, you are very cruel......... it is unfortunately too shortly.

Greets,

Blackster

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    Hmm thats the way to a mans heart is thru ragtime or that feel? Im lucky to get mine to listen to anything besides classic rock. lol
    Nothing wrong with classic rock. I go all the way from thrash metal to the Prodigy's Firestarter....I'm not fussy!

I just have a penchant for Ragtime, Blue grass, country, pop, traditional jazz as well as the mainstream stuff.

cheers

frank

Quote Originally Posted by Hardy Heern
    Nothing wrong with classic rock. I go all the way from thrash metal to the Prodigy's Firestarter....I'm not fussy!

I just have a penchant for Ragtime, Blue grass, country, pop, traditional jazz as well as the mainstream stuff.

cheers

frank
    I know what you mean, but thats all he listens to I will listen to anything. I was riding in the car the other day with my kid in the back and was flipping thru channels and of all things they were playing polkas on one station and we sat and made up our own words to the music. Was really fun and the music was fun.
    Nicole Davis

Hey, Nicole, youÕre a kick. ThatÕs really great. Many years ago I used to play this on guitar. I did Maple Leaf Rag, The Entertainer, and a bunch of others. Now youÕve got me humming it, so when I get done teaching tonight, I will be compelled to dig out that old music. For the life of me I canÕt remember how the B section goes.

You were talking about your guy liking classic rock. A while back I got a call from a prospective student. It was like dude this and dude that and the grammar wasnÕt too good either if you know what I mean. So thinking I could cut this call short, I asked him what kind of music he was interested in learning how to play. He said I really wantÕ a play rock real good yah know dude. I said, IÕm sorry I teach classical guitar, he said, Oh dude, thatÕs great, I love classic rock! Never wanting to give up on someone, I invited him over to talk further, When he came for an interview, he said he didnÕt care how I taught him as long as he could learn real good. He ended up being one of the best students I have ever had, he loves classical music now and he doesnÕt say dude any more.

LOL thats a good story and has a happy ending Fortunately the other half is actually very brilliant, just is very narrow minded in music
    Nicole Davis

I can imagine that that could be a laugh! I like polkas too!!! There is such a lot of lost music, is there not. I picked up some second hand piano music a few years ago and it contained some Mazurkas.

I picked away at it but it was beyond my abilities, but I got enough of the gist of it to promise myself that I would sequence it some day.....Fantastic stuff.

By the way, I agree with another poster...your piano piece is too short. It would be great to hear the middle eight!

Frank

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast