• Register
  • Help

Topic: Changing Patch in Sonar

Share/Bookmark

Changing Patch in Sonar

Hi everyone,
    When I am using Sonar with Gigastudio I have to change patches in the same track (ex. when you use a percussion library) very often.
    Is there any way to change a patch in a track other than inserting a
    \"patch change\" event?

thanks

Re: Changing Patch in Sonar

Not that I know of. I just use more tracks for recording percussion. If keyswitched instruments are available, I use those.

Using the Track-property, Enter intial Bank, patch, MIDI Channel as what it supposed to be. Also, in the project-option, MIDI-Out, enable check-box \"Patch/Ctrl ... Before play start\".

>Using the Track-property, Enter intial Bank, patch, MIDI Channel as what it
    >supposed to be. Also, in the project-option, MIDI-Out, enable check-box \"Patch/Ctrl ... Before play start\".

And how should I change the patch?

Sorry about it! Then Haydn got the answer for you!

Perhaps you could clarify your question. It seems to ask “How can I change patches without changing patches?”

Thanks Bill, we knew that it was a confused!

Here is some concerned about changing patch:

We usually have about 20 tracks for Drum/percussion used. That way We can specify individual MIDI-Ctrl intial-patch, MIDI-Port/CH, master-Vol, Velocity/panning and Giga-Fx\'s parameters as well. On the other hand, to change the patch on fly might generates problematically in the audio-streaming results if there is not enough setup time (latency and CPU processing). Like about 3 seconds is best efficiently safe for a patch-changed before sending any other MIDI\'s events (Notes/Etc). Just my two-cent.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bill:
    Perhaps you could clarify your question. It seems to ask “How can I change patches without changing patches?”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go Back to forum