• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mod wheel spontaneously changes

Share/Bookmark

Mod wheel spontaneously changes

I work via Finale. I find that instrument loudness (as set via the mod wheel, CC#1) changes spontaneously. Example: I have a scale of quarter notes for F horn. The first note is marked key-velocity=80, mw=8. When I play it, the first 2, 3, or 4 notes (it varies time to time) are soft (mw=8), then it suddenly switches to loud. This can also be seen by watching the little mw image in the lower left of the Kontakt Player window. How can I prevent this from happening; that is, to have the mw wheel setting hold until I next change it?

Re: Mod wheel spontaneously changes

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Gilbert
    I work via Finale. I find that instrument loudness (as set via the mod wheel, CC#1) changes spontaneously. Example: I have a scale of quarter notes for F horn. The first note is marked key-velocity=80, mw=8. When I play it, the first 2, 3, or 4 notes (it varies time to time) are soft (mw=8), then it suddenly switches to loud. This can also be seen by watching the little mw image in the lower left of the Kontakt Player window. How can I prevent this from happening; that is, to have the mw wheel setting hold until I next change it?
    Oops. I realize that I had the GPO "Settings | Mode" set to "Ignore Mod Wheel" instead of "Default". Still, it's rather strange behavior.

Go Back to forum