Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Ray Charles RIP

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    - Layne

Re: Ray Charles RIP

This has been a bad month for America.

I am totally devastated. Ray Charles was one of my absolute favorite artists. He was one of the great musicians of our time.

I had the opportunity to hear him perform twice the last ten years or so. Once in the intimate setting of "The Strand" in Redondo Beach where he brought his 18-piece band and the Rayettes. The last time was a light summer night at the Stockholm Jazz and Blues Festival just a couple of years ago, where he performed a heartbreaking rendition of Leon Russell's "A Song for You".

This is truly a great loss. Ray Charles is irreplaceable.

Hans Adamson

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Adamson
    I am totally devastated. Ray Charles was one of my absolute favorite artists. He was one of the great musicians of our time.

I had the opportunity to hear him perform twice the last ten years or so. Once in the intimate setting of "The Strand" in Redondo Beach where he brought his 18-piece band and the Rayettes. The last time was a light summer night at the Stockholm Jazz and Blues Festival just a couple of years ago, where he performed a heartbreaking rendition of Leon Russell's "A Song for You".

This is truly a great loss. Ray Charles is irreplaceable.

Hans Adamson
    I agree, Hans....Ray Charles was a fabulous musician and cannot be replaced. I used to listen to the entire "what'd I Say" album from start to finish...great stuff.

RIP Ray.

I can't think of anyone close to his stature in the "current" generation.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Ray Charles...whoa, now that's a real loss. I'll never forget the times I heard him with his band. Smoking. Just heard the news, and it hit me like a brick.

Go Back to forum