• Register
  • Help

Topic: I finally recieved GPO today! but i'm having some problems...

Share/Bookmark

I finally recieved GPO today! but i'm having some problems...

I've been fooling around with it for a little while now and there were some things I couldn't figure out. First of, I have a pedal on my keyboard, but when I try to uses it to trigger legato mode nothing happens.... The 2nd thing that i'm having trouble with is that I can only get midi input on the first instruments, and I can't figure out how to switch it over to one of the other 7. The third (and last thing for now) is that midi input isn't working at all in Studio at all (the first two problems were in the stand alone).... Yeah I know...i'm pretty clueless. Pease help me.

Re: I finally recieved GPO today! but i'm having some problems...

tgfoo,

Sounds like you may have some configuration issues. We need more specific information in order to identify the problems you are having. It would be easiest if you call me or email/PM me a number to call and we can troubleshoot and get everything running smoothly for you..

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by tgfoo
    I've been fooling around with it for a little while now and there were some things I couldn't figure out. First of, I have a pedal on my keyboard, but when I try to uses it to trigger legato mode nothing happens.
    As Gary mentioned, probably just GPO configuration issues. The GPO manual describes how to set the Kontakt Player option for your sustain pedal to be in Legato mode (see page 33).
    The 2nd thing that i'm having trouble with is that I can only get midi input on the first instruments, and I can't figure out how to switch it over to one of the other 7.
    You midi keyboard probably defaults to transmit on midi channel 1, so only those instruments set to midi channel 1 in GPO Player will receive midi data. You may have to get your midi keyboard manual out and see how to set it to transmit on midi channels other than 1.
    The third (and last thing for now) is that midi input isn't working at all in Studio at all.
    This is correct, as GPO Studio is meant to be fed from a notation program such as Finale, Sibelius, Overture.

First off, thanks Gary for the quick response and thank G Rudolph for clearing up some of those issues. I got a new sound card (an Echo Mia) and now all of the sound issues that I had are resolved. The pedal works now too. I haven't figured out why my midi only works on channel 1, but i'm searching for the manual like suggested and I"m going to try and figured it out. Hopefully I'll be able to make some songs by next week once I figure out better how to use GPO (and then you guys can tell me how bad I am at orchestrating ). Thanks for all of your help.

tgfoo,

Don't be shy to post your orchestrations here. You're sure to get loads of encouragement and friendly criticism.

Good luck
    David

Go Back to forum