• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Topic: Karon's Song

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Karon's Song

    Sorry, I'll try this again.Karon's Song
    Played and arranged by, pianoman. Very greatful.
    This is one of two versions pianoman did. This one is done with GPO Steinway pianie grannie!
    Styxx

  2. #2

    Re: Karon's Song

    Styxx, let me be the first to say that this is quite lovely, and pianoman did a superb rendition of it. I have my GPO demos categorized into groups this one is going right into the, relax and snuggle up category.

    Tell Karon that I apologize for the misspelling of her name in our pms. Now wait who has pms. Oh God itÕs catching. SheÕs a lucky girl to have someone around as witty and talented as you.

    Karl

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: Karon's Song

    Very intimate. I definitely had a moment of retrospect while listening. I could hear some woods and strings in there (in my mind.) However, let me say that I think this piece is pretty much complete where it sits. Great job Styxx and pianoman, a wonderful collaberation of talent.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Karon's Song

    Karl,
    pms! Ha, I died when I read that! LOL!
    Thanks so very much for your unbelievable help! I am honored to have Karon's Song in your relax and snuggle up category.

    SheÕs a lucky girl to have someone around as witty and talented as you.
    You know Karl, if it weren't for Karon I would be so alone and unhappy. I've never been so happy with a person before as I am with her. She supports me and my music with no regrets. I use to think "soul mates" was something of a fantasy born of story book love affairs. Then she came along. Let's put it this way, I would give up all my music for her if I was given the choice between the two. But then again, she would kill me if I ever did!
    Thanks again Karl. Much thanks...
    Styxx

  5. #5
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Karon's Song

    Hey Mr. Joseph! Long time no hear! How's everything?
    Yeah, I thank God pianoman helped me on this one. You should hear my rendition, pee your pants! I wouldn't dare post it unless it was a musical comedy.
    I have thought of asking Francesco to orchestrate it for me. However, I don't want his wife getting upset with me for keeping him up late another night.
    But, could you imagine what he would do to Karon's Song? Oh well, the important part is Karon loves it just the way it is.
    Talk to you soon.
    Styxx

  6. #6

    Re: Karon's Song

    Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Hey Mr. Joseph! Long time no hear! How's everything?
    Yeah, I thank God pianoman helped me on this one. You should hear my rendition, pee your pants! I wouldn't dare post it unless it was a musical comedy.
    I have thought of asking Francesco to orchestrate it for me. However, I don't want his wife getting upset with me for keeping him up late another night.
    But, could you imagine what he would do to Karon's Song? Oh well, the important part is Karon loves it just the way it is.
    Talk to you soon.
    I agree with Karon, the more I listen to this version, the more I'd say that orchestration would only complicate the emotions invoked in the piece. It is beautifully done. I disagree with you about how your rendition sounds (although I've never heard it), pianoman must have been inspired by something and I know how hard it is to pick up someone else's song and move forward with it, unless there is something pretty good there to start with. You are too modest. As to where I've been, I've been locked up in a dark cellar listening to music and brainstorming. I've been hanging around in the chat almost every day, but everytime anyone stops by I wasn't looking. Oh well. BTW: You should hear the waltz, pee your pants!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wilton, NH
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: Karon's Song

    Very nice. I -can- imagine if Francesco did orchestrated it - it would be wonderful, only it might not have the same feeling. If this is your valentine to Karon you need to decide exactly what you want it to say. A grand orchestration might not have the intimate feel it now has.
    Trent P. McDonald

  8. #8
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Karon's Song

    Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Very nice. I -can- imagine if Francesco did orchestrated it - it would be wonderful, only it might not have the same feeling. If this is your valentine to Karon you need to decide exactly what you want it to say. A grand orchestration might not have the intimate feel it now has.
    Thanks for the response!
    I see your point. However, I was thinking more on the line of a lighter orchestration. Originally, I envisioned flute taking over the melody in the second half. I haven't had time to sit down and develop it yet but will when I get a chance.
    My perspective orchestration would be, violins ens 1, viola ens 1, Flute solo, string bass, and of course piano.
    Styxx

  9. #9

    Re: Karon's Song

    Styxx, did you write this (and pianoman just arranged and performed)? It is beautiful. I really like the sound of the GPO Steinway.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Styxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    West Seneca, NY
    Posts
    11,075

    Re: Karon's Song

    Quote Originally Posted by jmc
    Styxx, did you write this (and pianoman just arranged and performed)? It is beautiful. I really like the sound of the GPO Steinway.
    Yes I did and yes he did! Great playing right! I thought he did an awesome performance and arrangement. Pianoman is something else. Then again, all of you are!
    Thanks for the reply.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •