• Register
  • Help

Topic: New to GPO ! Greatings ! Having some problems, heeeeelp !

Share/Bookmark

New to GPO ! Greatings ! Having some problems, heeeeelp !

I got GPO yesterday. Great piece of work. This was one of my dreams to have a full orchestra in my PC : Thank you Mister Garritan !

I can not succeed in using the sustain/legato feature, even with the standalone player. I checked my keyboard : Channel 1, I checked GPO, second choice for the sustain control.

I tried using Cubase Sx as host (the last update). It records well the sustain control messages, on the same channel. But no effect for the legato. The wheel stuff works very well.

I noticed some 'clicks' at the beginning of some sounds (trying the 'legato feature'). They may be related to the player I think. I'v been fooling around a little with the ASIO buffer latency, but this seems to be incorrelated.

My config : P4 2ghz, 768 Mo, Cubase Sx (1 - last patch), Terratec 96 Fire, Midi Sport 4x4, GPO last player version. So far, I've no trouble with my other vst (even with the native's).

Help me capture Mister Legato, please !

Re: New to GPO ! Greatings ! Having some problems, heeeeelp !

Hi,
    Did you try other settings with Options / Pedal mode?
    Do you have a 1-voice instrument loaded, such as a flute?

SainteCecile,

Is it possible to call me or PM/email your number for me to call you. There could be several reasons you are having difficulty with the sustain pedal and experiencing clicks. Tom (Mr. Legato) and I will do our best to get things running smoothly for you.

Gary Garritan

Well I dont know much about cubase, but I do know I had to dink around alot with settings to get things to work. At first I had the same exact problem (and many more when trying to get it into sonar) but what he suggested above does fix the issue of legato unless you have something like solo flute ect loaded. Im actually still not sure if I have mine setup right But it seems to be doing its job so im guessing it is
    Nicole Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    SainteCecile,

Is it possible to call me or PM/email your number for me to call you. There could be several reasons you are having difficulty with the sustain pedal and experiencing clicks. Tom (Mr. Legato) and I will do our best to get things running smoothly for you.

Gary Garritan
    Thank you for your answer. Since it may be difficult for me to call you on the phone, I'll try to describe my various attempts to catch Mr Legato Tom. You may have an idea and also help a friend with the same issues on a different config.

WinXp Pro, Kontakt Player 12008, Terratec 96 Fire with the last drivers, ACPI (with or without doesn't seems to make a real difference anyway).

Since CubaseSx may insert Filter for the midi ctrl, I tried the standalone player.

I tried various instr (with SusLeg as stated by the manual), with different option combo (midi cc, midi switch...). The steinway for instance works perfectly with the sustain (with a sustain effect), I think also that the kontakt player receive the midi ctrl message. Even with the violin solos, I can have a sustain effect - but no legato.

Next move, I tried the same, with different SoundCard config. ASIO / No ASIO, Direct, Emulation... No changes. No Legato. Different buffer size.

Switched to another Midi controller. Same pb. It seems that the kontakt receives the sustain message but does not trigger the legato.

I tried the same with Sx, writing my self the sustain messages and letting a vst instance play the notes. No Way.

Mr Tom Legato is hidding very well.

SainteCecile,

For strings, brass and woodwind sustains - the pedal should be set to Option#2 for legato operation. There could be a number of issues at work here including a possible bug with WinXP Professional. We need to identify what could be causing the problem. If it is difficult to call you PM a number we can reach you.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum