• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suggestions??? Upgrades

Share/Bookmark

Suggestions??? Upgrades

Cant afford anyway atm!
    Nicole Davis

Re: Suggestions??? Upgrades

I'd make the upgrade. Sonar 2 won't be getting any more updates. Besides that, you get VST support with Sonar 3. If you upgrade to Studio, we're only talking about $99.
    Mark

I don't think you'll have any problems moving to Sonar 3. You should be able to pretty much work the way you do now and pick up on the enhancements, as you go along. The manual is very comprehensive. (If you live in US, that is. I seem to remember that folks in the UK got very little in the way of a manual when they upgraded from version 2 to 3.)

Sonar 3 was definitely worth the upgrade price for me. I did go for the full blown edition though. The per channel EQ is really nice. I like the Lexicon Pantheon reverb also.

Or you could wait and upgrade to SONAR 4.

- m

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole
    I got sonar 2 and was wondering if its even worth the upgrade to 3?? Im just now getting used to this and also am wondering if the learning curve is even steeper. I have no clue what to do. But 2 so far seems to be doing just fine. Should I bother with upgrading to 3? Im thinking if it works dont fix it but I may be wrong.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.
    My feelings exactly!

I'm a happy/contented 2.2XL user and I see no reason to upgrade unless you want the very fine effects and reverb bundled with it and have a P4 with the 'hyper threading' b.s. turned on (which interferes with Kontakt on some systems).

I'm on a stable XP3000 system now and I will most likely stay with 2.2

Considering the fabulous work you are turning out on your present SONAR, why upgrade?

...just my two (sense?)....

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    Or you could wait and upgrade to SONAR 4.

- m
    Do you have any info on Sonar 4?

Quote Originally Posted by wes37
    Do you have any info on Sonar 4?
    As they say in the congressional hearings: "I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Sonar 4."

- m

Quote Originally Posted by Markleford
    As they say in the congressional hearings: "I cannot confirm or deny the existence of Sonar 4."

- m
    Markleford, you just did. The existence of Sonar 4 is no secret. It's going to include such incredible features as [ d e l e t e d by Cakewalk cops ] and have all new [---------------].

Nicole, you're making incredible music with 2.2. The nice additions to 3.0 are the VST wrapper (which works better for GPO than DX), Soundstage and the Lexicon reverb. It may be worth waiting for 4.0 and avoid upgrading twice.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum