• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Enemy Decimator" - A nearly 100% pure GPO movie score

"Enemy Decimator" - A GPO movie score - Orchestral scores available!!!

Hello to everybody on this wonderful forum!

Maybe some of you have been wondering why the strange guy disappeared that was scoring this no-budget amateur action movie for free. Well, here I am, back from mixing and present you my first movie score.

It is 99% GPO!

Only one cue is pure EWQLSO samples (only because I had to create a primitive tutti riff in about 1 hour and I sacrificed GPOs perfect control of the sound to a slight gain in speed), there is a ton of free VSTi's from www.kvr-vst.com plus additional samples from Gtown and Westgate studios. The Reverb is SIR with impulses from Noisevault.com. Since the GPO Choir extension is not out yet, I was forced to use the Choir from QLSO Silver. Man, I'm looking forward to the GPO-Choir! Silver's Choir is clumsy, static and difficult to control....

If there are any questions about how I did certain things, don't hesitate to ask. A big thanks goes to R. Glenn for spontaneously helping me to test-drive the links when I asked for help in the IRC channel! You really helped me, pal!

Without further ado I present you "the link":

Enemy Decimator - The Score

I'm looking forward to your comments. If there is interest I'll make the scores available to view online and download. Remember: I used 99% GPO for this and only resorted to other sample libraries when this sample was not included in GPO (e.g. a Ratchet).
    Last edited by musicpete; 11-16-2005 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Added a new title, corrected links.

Thumbs up Re: "Enemy Decimator" - A nearly 100% pure GPO movie score

Really, really well done score, Musicpete. Obviously, you had a lot of fun on this project! You have a great perspective on the many, many strengths of GPO, and use them all to great advantage.

Re: "Enemy Decimator" - A nearly 100% pure GPO movie score

Very nice work Pete...although I already told you so a number of times.

My pleasure...was glad I could help out and besides, I got to be one of the first people to hear it.

Again, nice job and thank's for sharing Pete.

West Seneca, NY

Woe! They call him Musicpete! He's got a score that's really neat! When it plays your mind goes BOOM CHICK A BOOM BOOM CHICK A BOOM BOOM!

Wholly Orchestra samples! This is crazy man crazy! Nice job on integrating all the libs! I don't know which number was my favorite and they are all nicely nicely thank you!
    Nice work musicpete! I just hung up my scores and lock the studio doors and threw away the keys! This cat has crossed the street after hearing that heavy beat from the "Enemy Decimator" score of musicpete!

Wilton, NH

Sounds like you had a lot of fun with this. Very well done.
    Trent P. McDonald

Orcas Island

What an undertaking! I enjoyed listening to all 12 tracks. Your score is excellent and over the top. Fabulous writing, arranging, orchestration, instrument balance, dynamics - it's all there! Also you mixed orchestral and non-orchestral elements very well. Quartertone-vibratos?

I remember your "Join the Sith" which I enjoyed so much. You have become so prolific since then.

Thank you for posting these. I hope it would be okay to post some of these on the GPO site.

Gary Garritan

Thank you very much for all your kind words!

Yes, I tried imitating quartertone vibratos on one track. Of course you can't get that "wall of sound" effect when working with a sequencer (well it sure would be possible with GPO but I had not the time to layer that many string instruments and write individuall pitchbend curves).

Gary, just contact me through pm. I will allso indicate which tracks are 100% GPO when I will have time for it.

Nicely done score, very fun to listen to!

Yeah, the Silver choir stuff isn't programmed well (but NI did it) though the next update is suppose to improve on that ( ).

I like the way you've integrated Silver with GPO in spots. I've just started with Silver and man, do I wish they could program it to be more like GPO!

You seem to have capitalized on the strengths of GPO in this score. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Thank you very much for the replies! Yes, I didn't like the "Silver" experience very much. But I won't elaborate on that in this forum.

Is there interest in the score of one of those pieces? I am in the mood for doing some editing work and could prepare it.

Hello everyone!

Sorry for gravedigging, but I am so insanely proud: After months and months of "a few minutes here a few hours there" of work I finally was able to finish all orchestral scores for my movie score!! I am feeling like I could fly!

Sorry for all the exclamation marks, but I really wanted to share this with you. Finally I can go and make a real printed book out of this! And the best thing is: In the last year I even was able to sell 2 CDs! Yes, exactely two copies, which earned me a whopping 5,5 Euros! I plan to increase my sales dramatically in the next year to come.

So if you would like to take a listen or look at the "Enemy Decimator" then just click the link! Thanks for watching!

Even better things are on the horizon: Maybe I will be able to do another movie score late this or next year. No payment whatsoever involved, but I still am looking forward to the experience!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    My website: Above the staff.net

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast