• Register
  • Help

Topic: And Now GPO!

And Now GPO!

I have been participating in this list now since November, 2003 without being a GPO owner--but enjoying it immensely. What a group of caring, helpful folks who all share the love of music. Thank you for all of your help and suggestions thus far. BUT TODAY, I ordered GPO, so now I can really be a bonafide member of the family.

I've finally decided that I would stay with a Mac Laptop 1.5Ghz and 1 Gig of RAM and use Digital Performer to start off with. I have been a Logic user since inception, but the problems with that and GPO seem too immense right now. So, I will use DP. I also use Finale and Sibelius, so if they prove more successful later on, I may try them. But for now, I'm just happy to be a GPO user (when it arrives). Until then, thanks again for your fellowship and helping hand.

Regards, John Cannon

Re: And Now GPO!

Good luck - GPO seems tyo work fine with DP 4.12, at least with one iteratin. I don't know how it goes with several instatiations to get a full orchestra, that's not what I use it for...
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Hi John, your post to me the other day was so kind. I want to be the first to welcome you to this cool family of GPO users. Although I use a MAC G4 with Digital Performer, I don't use GPO in the MAC, I use it in a separate PC as a stand alone device, but I will help any way I can. Welcome!!!

OK, make that second to welcome you,

Welcome... uh, sort of... free-loadin' all this time, eh?

GPO is awesome, really, the best money I ever spent (well, second best, there was that night in Vegas... but, that's staying there... )
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Orcas Island

Hi John,

Welcome to the GPO community - although you have been kind of an adopted member of the family all along. I appreciated your participation since November.

Your setup seems just fine. DP works well with GPO. Logic has some rough edges but Apple assures me they will be fixed in the next major release.

Thanks again for your participation and we are pleased to have you a part of our community.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum