• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EMPEROR playable DEMO gig on-line!

Share/Bookmark

EMPEROR playable DEMO gig on-line!

I have finished uploading a playable demo of the EMPEROR to my website. It´s a WinRar compressed 310 B file, that extracts to a 800 MB playable gig file with all 12 velocity layers, both pedal up and pedal down. The file uses accelerated wave files for efficiency (lower CPU, disk transfers and to keep file size down).The file will remain there untill my monthly data bandwidth is consumed.

You can download the file from:

http://www.postpiano.com/tests/EmperorDemo.exe

There are two GigaStudio performance files in the installer that demonstrate how to set up the piano in gs2.

The first one loads the 12 layer pedal up instrument in midi port one, the 12 layer pedal down instrument in midi port 2 and the release instrument in midi port 3. If you link all 3 midi ports you play the full piano.

The second gsp file loads the 8 layer (pedal up and pedal down) instrument in slot 1 and the releases in slot 2. In slot 3 I inserted an extra sustain pedal fx with a little short reverb that avoids the abrupt cutoff when the sustain pedal is released, what normally sounds rather un-realsitic.

*Note that some of the wav files will be cleaned during the next week so the demo file can have some artifacts that will not appear in the final disc.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Re: EMPEROR playable DEMO gig on-line!

Michiel,

Here we go again!

I downloaded, but at the end of the extraction process got the following error messages:

"CRC failed in emperor demo.gig
    Some installations files are corrupt . . etc.

All that extracted was the .gsp files.
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I downloaded the file and it worked just an hour ago.

Try using WinRar (freeware from http://www.rarlab.com/) to extract the file instead of double-clicking it to install...
    I will upload a fresh copy tomorrow if it turns out to be corrupt after all.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

How do you open a file using winrar in the OSX version? When I click "open with", I cant select it. I opened the .tz file and there are just a bunch of instructions and other files I dont understand...meaning, I dont know how to expand the .exe file

stuffit expander didnt work

did I just down the 3.3 winrar update?

Thumbs up Re: EMPEROR playable DEMO gig on-line!

I just now downloaded it and extracted the demo file w/out any problem. Perhaps, Lawrence, your copy of the file became corrupted during download? In anyevent, this is a marvelous sounding library ! Very different sounding, imo, from the PMI Bosie 290 Grandioso.

Many thanks Michiel for putting your time and resources into making demo libraries available to customers!! Much luck with this fantastic piano!!

I've downloaded twice, with the same problem. I also tried Michel's suggestion of using WinRAR, but that also didn't solve the problem. Strange.
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Hi Lawrence,

These huge downloads often get corrupted during the download process. Some download acellerators can fix this as they allow resuming faulty data packets (and they use multiple downloading streams which speeds up the download).

There is a Mac version of WinRar. MacRar: http://macrar.free.fr/
    It is very useful for Mac. But it doesn't read some rar files.

I also use virtual pc for Mac.

Stuffit Expander 8 (http://www.stuffit.com/mac/expander/index.html) should also do it.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

And in case you still have problems with the download you can get the demo gig files on a cd-rom in our online store www.postpiano.com
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Michiel,

Can you suggest which download accelerator I should use? I did a Google search, but got the usual results (too many).

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Download Accelerator Plus 7.1 is pretty good it allows you to download up to 300% faster with increased reliability, resume support and errors recovery.(although it is told to enhance pop-up ads). I always disable browser integration and exit the program completely after using it.

www.downloadaccelerator.com
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Go Back to forum