• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Pizza?

Share/Bookmark

Pizza?

Gone sorry
    Nicole Davis

Re: Pizza?

Fun little ditty. Don’t tell me you just whip these things up, as if you’re making pizza?

I find it interesting – the first half and the end are a very nice play on what I would call “Americana” – it’s almost Dixieland, almost bluegrass with some of your ragtime thrown in for fun and then the middle section is, what? it’s a lot more “serious”, tending towards a more psuedo-Baroque feel, and yet it doesn’t feel out of place.

If you did just whip this up you are officially on my “hate list”. Waiting to hear more of your serious writing though am happy with this fun piece.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Fun little ditty. Don’t tell me you just whip these things up, as if you’re making pizza?

I find it interesting – the first half and the end are a very nice play on what I would call “Americana” – it’s almost Dixieland, almost bluegrass with some of your ragtime thrown in for fun and then the middle section is, what? it’s a lot more “serious”, tending towards a more psuedo-Baroque feel, and yet it doesn’t feel out of place.

If you did just whip this up you are officially on my “hate list”. Waiting to hear more of your serious writing though am happy with this fun piece.
    Started it last night and pecked at it here and there today(took breaks to play with kid) till after the chat made dinner then finished it
    Nicole Davis

Nicole,

Great stuff! I really enjoy your music. Very different and interesting.

-- Martin
    http://www.starbirthmusic.com

Mama Mia! This is delightful. It's nice to see your fun side with the Ragtime and now Pizza music!

Thank you for posting this.

Gary Garritan

PS: I sense a Styxx joke about pizza coming?

Thumbs up Re: Pizza?

Great fun, Nicole! What a tour de force. Sort of Tchaikovsky (4th symphony?) meets the Harmonicats? An interesting and compelling demo of the realism of Mr. G's pizz samples, too.

Bravo! KFT

Geez!

You nailed this! You had me listening 100% the whole way, never bored and wondering what you were going to do next. (some wonderful surprises) Great consistent writing all the way through. Super development of ideas!!

My comment would be what would happen if you tried randomizing the notes some? It might sound even more realistic than it already does. Pizz often sounds better this way as it increases the down beats, makes it sound fuller and more the way a real orchestra sounds. (humans can't play that well together)

Having said that, it is a little hard to achieve the right affect and you do have to experiment with the settings to see what works the best.

When they are so perfect it almost sounds like someone strumming a...well...banjo.

Seriously though, take this one to the bank. Smiles abound!! Gonna go listen to it again!

2nd Hearing Comments!!

I like it even more 2nd time. The sign of a good piece for me!!

You are actually getting some of the characteristic pizz sound from some combinations of pizz's, I think because they don't exactly fire at the same time, but the lag is always the same so makes it sound strummed rather than many people pizz'ing.

Lastly:

You begin your Coda (ending) very nicely with the parallel 3rds and build nicely but I think you dismount a little early. I was hoping you might (like Tchaik) grind us through some more key changes, play with some rhythmic poly rhythms and then get us to the home hey with a bit of a SLAP in the face!!

TADA!!!

I wanted you to go on a little. (Take that as a compliment...I think this may be the longest reply I have ever replied.....I will stop now and let somebody else talk)

Heeeeyyyyyy!!!!!! That was really cool! PIZZA? I'm wondering what part of it stimulated those thought patterns? The only patterns I ever get from pizza are "love handles"!
    This would be a geat opener for a sitcom like "Styxx's Humor Corner". Naaa, I would have to pay royalties.
    Love the triplet ending!!!
    Styxx

Smile Re: Pizza?

Hi Nicole,

I just wanna say to words: Really great!

Now I´m waiting what happens when you eat noodles or fish, hehe.

Greeting,

Blackster
    "Time is the best teacher. But unfortunately she kills all her students ..." - Terry Pratchett

www.genloc.net

You know, I listened to this piece a few weeks ago...and then I woke up the other morning and started humming it out of the blue. Get out of my head! What a fun piece!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast