• Register
  • Help

Topic: i'd like some more percussion in next GPO release!

Share/Bookmark

i'd like some more percussion in next GPO release!

i'd like to have some more percussion with the next GPO release... apart the timpani and the snare, which are fine because they provid variations (two hits per note), i feel the necessity to have some more variation in hit cymbals, tam tam and gong. and also the bass drum should have more hits in orded to avoid to repeat always the same sample.
    in addition to this, a thing that i would really love to have in GPO are some "hollywood" percussions... the ones that can shake the earth like in the "lord of the ring" soundtrack , and some other to add more "colour" to the rhytm parts!

and what about the already discussed idea to provide "midi packets" for rolls, crescendo, etc on the timpani/snare? :-)

Re: i'd like some more percussion in next GPO release!

With proper compression and EQ, the lowliest drumlet will bring the Dark Tower crumbling down

Quote Originally Posted by bosone
    i'd like to have some more percussion with the next GPO release... apart the timpani and the snare, which are fine because they provid variations (two hits per note), i feel the necessity to have some more variation in hit cymbals, tam tam and gong. and also the bass drum should have more hits in orded to avoid to repeat always the same sample.
    in addition to this, a thing that i would really love to have in GPO are some "hollywood" percussions... the ones that can shake the earth like in the "lord of the ring" soundtrack , and some other to add more "colour" to the rhytm parts!

and what about the already discussed idea to provide "midi packets" for rolls, crescendo, etc on the timpani/snare? :-)

I'd like to put in a request for cymbal rolls with soft mallets. Also a few tom-toms would be useful.
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Wind chimes would be nice. More percussion toys.

JT

I've been hearing more glass percussion lately, as if people are clanking drum sticks on the bottoms of empty Orange Crush bottles. I haven't heard that in orchestral music (Paul Simon's last album had a track with that...), but it would still be nice to have that kind of sound available in different pitches.

Also, temple blocks and wood blocks would be nice (or are those the same thing?). And how about a cannon (careful when you sample that one!).
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

What I missed when I was doing a mockup of Mars, the bringer of war was a crossfaded Gong roll (is it called this way?).

One softer cymbal roll (soft mallets) would be nice as well.

At some point more percussion will be added, perhaps in one of the proposed add-on packages, but don’t overlook some of the fine resources already available for free download. Here’s one for those who have a soft sampler that can use or convert the Giga format (which is most of them): www.gtownsounds.com You will find cymbals, wood sticks, toms, bongos, anvils and more. And you don’t have to wait for a GPO add-on or update. Good stuff.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the link. Looks like just what the doctor ordered.

JT

Go Back to forum