• Register
  • Help

Topic: Malmsjo Acoustic Grand Piano - too "soft"?

Lightbulb Malmsjo Acoustic Grand Piano - too "soft"?

Hi all,

My first post!!!

I recently purchased the Malmsjo Acoustic Grand (MAG) and am using it in Kontakt. Would any MAG users be able to help with the following?

1. Most of the Kontakt instruments that come with Kontakt (e.g. the Kontakt grand piano) show over 100-200Mb as file size next to the file name in the Kontakt browswer. Yet the MAG shows only about 30-40Mb next to the file name. Is it really that small?

2. The MAG sounds rather "muffled" to me. I know its not a bright piano, but I compared the sound I was getting against the MP3s of the MAG both from the Artvista site and from the Purgatory Creek piano shootouts, and mine is somehow muffled sounding compared to those.

Any help on the above would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Exclamation Re: Malmsjo Acoustic Grand Piano - too "soft"?

Ya know, I've seen the same thing, and when I went into the samples folder and saw that a individual sample was 7-9MB, I knew something was amiss in the size reporting of the instrument. There are simply WAYYYY too many layers across 88 keys, no less.

There are several Kontakt instruments, and the brightest is the rock grand. Honestly, I **LOVE** the Midnight Grand, as it sounds like it has velvet draped across the sampling mics. But all of the instruments are a bit dark - as is the character of the instrument.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Go Back to forum