• Register
  • Help

Topic: Jon - cutting my notes off

Share/Bookmark

Jon - cutting my notes off

Jon or anyone,

Uprgraded to 160 but long sustained notes in strings and endings of horns get clipped short. Is this polyphony starvation or too many notes (all the same pitch) for midi info to handle? I've tried staggering endings. What's the fix? Full orchestra compositons in Win XP, Cubase SX and the 160.

Jamiha

Re: Jon - cutting my notes off

Did you go into settings and increase poly to 160?

-Jon Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Did you go into settings and increase poly to 160?

-Jon Fairhurst
    OK, in settings -number of simultaneous notes 12 - 160. Set to 160, or slightly lower?

In transition voices to steal notes from block chord - 6 - 80. 80 or lower?

In opening Giga, get the 110 streaming voice message. At Giga site, there is a download. Have to download the earlier fixes before the 110 download, or just the 110 fix?

jamiha

I usually set mine to 160 voices with minimal voice stealing. You can try different settings, but I wouldn't steal too much. Of course, if your chords and release samples go over 160 voices, there's nothing you can do to keep notes from being cut off. At least until GS3 hits the streets.

I'm not sure about the 110 download. I haven't ever received that message. I'm running GS160, version 2.53.

-Jon Fairhurst

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    I usually set mine to 160 voices with minimal voice stealing. You can try different settings, but I wouldn't steal too much. Of course, if your chords and release samples go over 160 voices, there's nothing you can do to keep notes from being cut off. At least until GS3 hits the streets.

I'm not sure about the 110 download. I haven't ever received that message. I'm running GS160, version 2.53.

-Jon Fairhurst
    Thanks Jon,
    I'm using version 2.54. Appreciate your help. Like to hear your music sometime.

jamiha

Go Back to forum