• Register
  • Help

Topic: Non-classical GOS?

Share/Bookmark

Non-classical GOS?

I'm considering taking the plunge with a true string sample library, and I was wondering if anyone has used either the Orch Strings or the Lite version for musical styles other than classical (i.e. country, Celt, bluegrass, etc), particularly as a solo instrument as opposed to a string section? Since the playing styles are a little different I was curious as to how the samples performed in non-classical contexts.

Thanks for the help!

(I had posted this in a different section of the forum, but it seems there's more traffic here)

Re: Non-classical GOS?

mnowak67,

I’ll let the users reply concerning their application of the library to different genres but I thought I should clarify that GOS has no solo instruments – it is entirely devoted to string sections.

Tom

Re: Non-classical GOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hopkins
    mnowak67,

I’ll let the users reply concerning their application of the library to different genres but I thought I should clarify that GOS has no solo instruments – it is entirely devoted to string sections.

Tom

Thanks, Tom, that was a distinction I hadn't understood from the garritan website. So to clarify, either GOS version has just sections, and only GPO has solo violins? Maybe the Stradivari solo strings that are "in development" might be more what I'm looking for...will that be a standalone sample set, or will it work within GOS or GPO? Any release time frame and/or ballpark pricing on it yet?

Thanks for the help,
    Mike

Go Back to forum