• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Who are you?

Share/Bookmark

Who are you?

Hi, I wonder what\'s everyone doing with GS? are thou all professionals (full time musicians) and what style of music do you all make? and do you promote your own music yourself or by labels?

Just interested

Re: Who are you?

Hi Pendragon,

I\'m a mechanical design draftsman by profession.

My goal is to play GS backing tracks and record my electric guitar alongside. Then export all to WAV and burn to CD. So far zero success.:-(
    GS LE+CakeWalk+Terratec EWX24/96=No Go.
    Insufficient outputs. GS LE restricts me to two outputs, both of which GS is assigned to.

I was rather hoping that GSt32 would solve this little problem - but alas not. It would appear that GSt32 is the successor to GS LE. Crippled Inside...

Like my name suggest, I\'m a Blues man.

------------------
    BluesMeister

Hi Pendragon
    I\'m Computer Engineer of education, working
    as a consultant, so Giga and music is just
    a hobby. I have done some professional work
    in the past though.

Bjk

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BluesMeister:
    Insufficient outputs. GS LE restricts me to two outputs, both of which GS is assigned to.
    Like my name suggest, I\'m a Blues man.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Blues.
    I\'m not sure I get this right, but are you\'re
    trying to run both GIGA with a GSIF driver and Cakewalk with a MME driver, outputs on
    the 2 ch Terratec?
    What version of GS are you running - it has
    to be 1.60. ( 1.52 won\'t do with Terratec
    I think )

Don\'t get the blues - after all I bet the
    weather is far better in Perth than here
    in Copenhagen ( rainy, +2 degress - sigh! )

Bjk

To BluesMeister,

Blues, I run GS160 and Logic Audio both using the Asio drivers, GS160 uses output 1/2 and Logic Audio 3/4, I use a WaveTerminal dual client card from EgoSys so I can simultaneously play GS160, VSTi\'s and record all at the same time (with effects) For this 3 dedicated HD\'s are a must, so It\'s very possible to do what you want, however you need GigaWire technology to get the party started (and a digital mixing console) I use a Proteus 2000 module it\'s coaxial connection to wordclock the whole thing. This way you stay 100% digital with GS and VSTi\'s, only 1 analog converter is used.

Good luck,
    PDG

I\'m an IT support person working at Intel out here in sunny Chandler, Arizona. I\'m a serious hobbyist - music is what I do in my spare time. Used to be a professional musician for 15 years but found I could make more money working in the computer industry. Now I can afford to buy the toys I used to dream of having. I still play keyboards for the contemporary worship services at my church. Do occasional studio work at a friend\'s studio.

I am the case designer for a large Case Company (cases and bags for the music industry). I am a guitarist that performs live with backing tracks that I\'m trying to make with gigastudio. Have had luck with Gigastudio96 2.2.........the 2.5, win2k might work if Tascam had any tech support.

I should be called Bluesman #2.
    Jim Berton
    jberton@portup.com

Hi Sapkiller,

What version of GS are you running - it has to be 1.60. ( 1.52 won\'t do with Terratec I think )

GigaSampler LE was bundled with my Terratec EWX24/96. It works fine - but GS LE is restricted to two outputs. :-( I\'m at work (yes I know I should be drafting) so I can\'t give you the release number.

And yes, it\'s a beautiful day in Perth :-)

Hi Pendragon,
    I run GS160 and Logic Audio both using the Asio drivers, GS160 uses output 1/2 and Logic Audio 3/4,

I have the latest ASIO/GSIF for my card that allows multi-client mode - but that\'s of no advantage if I don\'t have the output ports available to me. Much sadness in the BluesMeister household. Well, in truth Mrs BluesMeister doesn\'t really have a clue what I\'m moaning about. She just knows it will cost money to upgrade - and that she can understand!

I can see a lot of saving ahead of me to afford the upgrade to GSt96.

Hi Jim Berton
    I am a guitarist that performs live with backing tracks that I\'m trying to make with gigastudio.

I can do this with GS LE, however I want to record my guitar with overdubs and impress my friends (or more likely bore the living daylights out of them!)

------------------
    BluesMeister

Hey Bluesmeister!
    I can say I have made some great backing tracks with gigastudio 2.2, now i have changed my system to win2k and giga 2.5 is a pain. Never tried the overdubs. I play totally instrumental versions of cool tunes. Doing it instrumentally, i am not restricted to male or female tunes.
    Have fun. I would like to hear some of your overdubs!

Really, I\'m an idiot.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast