• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why should I upgrade?

Share/Bookmark

Why should I upgrade?

I was really expecting an enhancement of Kontakt\'s import function - especially Giga and Akai. But nothing.

I also heard that Kontakt 1.5 doesn\'t scroll in Vsti mode - a bug? Not fixed?

The enhancements seem relatively minor - I\'m too lazy to fiddle about with beat and loop slicing, blah, blah. Who cares about all that really?

Look, Kontakt is wonderful and I\'m happy with it, but do I really need to spend extra $$$ on such a minor upgrade? Can anyone tell me why I should?

One last word: IMPORTS-IMPORTS-IMPORTS.

Thanks
    Heath

P.S. Imports.

Re: Why should I upgrade?

If you\'re worried about spending $30 then it\'s probably better to give up music and watch TV.

Forget the features and the hype. 1.5 just works better.

Hi,

I just like to have the latest versions and keep the stock fresh for company.

BTW, v1.51 does load the samples faster. For me I use it as a DXI in Sonar Producer 3.0

Alan Russell

Thanks Alan.

Bill\'s reply seems to be something of a non sequitur and a fraction rude, but that\'s ok, I suppose.

My point is that NI could be updating Kontakt three or four times a year now, and that could turn out to be expensive for the user. I certainly wouldn\'t like to pay twenty or thirty pounds per update if basic functions (eg. imports enhancements for Giga and Akai; the two most prevalent library formats) are not being developed.

No disrespect to NI is intended. I think you make superb instruments, but please don\'t forget the basics.

BTW, does scrolling work in Vst mode?

Cheers

Scrolling (via mouse) works in Dxi and Standalone modes, but not in Vst.

Originally posted by Not Dudley Simpson:
    ...if basic functions (eg. imports enhancements for Giga and Akai; the two most prevalent library formats) are not being developed.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I highly recommend CDExtract...okay, so it\'s another $140, but it\'ll virtually eliminate your importing issues - you\'ll still probably have to do a little messing with mapping and ADSR envelopes and stuff like that - but you\'ll have to do that stuff any time you import samples whether importing capability is built-in or not.

Go Back to forum