• Register
  • Help

Topic: White Grand Gig Report

Share/Bookmark

White Grand Gig Report

I've been using the White Grand with great results in my studio as well as on some live trio/quartet gigs, but last night was the first time to use it live in a solo situation. It was at a country club, just playing and singing the usual fare, some standards as well as the obligitory Elton/Billy sort of stuff. My live rig constists of the computer, Mackie mixer, JBL Eons and a Yamaha S90. Having used the White Grand live with a group I was not at all surprised that it sounded GREAT solo, but what really struck me was the audiences reaction to the piano sound. Lots of compliments on the tone as well as disbelief from several people who heard me from the next room and were convinced that a grand piano had been trucked in for the occasion! A few of these people are actually players, some of them with a grand at home. All in all a fun evening.

hv

Re: White Grand Gig Report

Quote Originally Posted by area51recording
    I've been using the White Grand with great results in my studio as well as on some live trio/quartet gigs, but last night was the first time to use it live in a solo situation.
    I was wondering what portable computer and interface you used it with live and whether it was the giga or plugin version or what. Been meaning to try something like that but haven't ventured out of the studio with it yet.

Howard

Well, that's probably the only drawback to my rig, the computer is in a rack case but it's maybe not as "portable" as I would like it to be! It's a bit heavy but well worth hauling around to these type of gigs! I'm using a 3ghz Pentium 4 running windows XP Pro with an M Audio Delta audio interface and an M Audio USB midi interface. I'm running the white Grand on GigaStudio. This setup has been quite stable both at home and on the gig (so far )

Quote Originally Posted by area51recording
    I've been using the White Grand with great results in my studio as well as on some live trio/quartet gigs, but last night was the first time to use it live in a solo situation. It was at a country club, just playing and singing the usual fare, some standards as well as the obligitory Elton/Billy sort of stuff. My live rig constists of the computer, Mackie mixer, JBL Eons and a Yamaha S90. Having used the White Grand live with a group I was not at all surprised that it sounded GREAT solo, but what really struck me was the audiences reaction to the piano sound. Lots of compliments on the tone as well as disbelief from several people who heard me from the next room and were convinced that a grand piano had been trucked in for the occasion! A few of these people are actually players, some of them with a grand at home. All in all a fun evening.
    Thanks for using your talent together with our products!
    Worra
    SampleTekk

Arf, arf, arf...

Go Back to forum