• Register
  • Help

Topic: Auto Sample Alternator for Logic Users

Share/Bookmark

Auto Sample Alternator for Logic Users

Ok Logic Users, listen up - a gift for you - An Auto Sample Alternator

If you use alternate samples of the same note in order to avoid ARTIFICIAL sounding repetition read on...

I have created 2 devices using the Logic Environment that will automatically switch samples for you. It will save me hours and hours of editing. I hope it will for you too

+++NOTE: The devices were created on a PC - available for MAC??? I don\'t know+++

1. Download the LSO file below by right clicking and choosing \"Save As\"

2. Import the Environment Layer \"Alternate\" to a new layer

You can make a macro out of any of the two \"Auto Alternators\" (or not) and then \"Plumb\" it in-between the Cable Selector and Monitor or Sequencer Input. N.B. Increase the range of the Cable selector

The Alternators work by generating SUSTAIN or NOTE (for Keyswitching) messages

I use Ctrl 64 (sustain) to switch between some sets of samples - the Top device will generate Ctrl64 values 0 & 127 alternately everytime you hit a note or chord ***see footnote. NOTE: Sustain defeat will need to be on to avoid hanging notes!!!

The Bottom device does the same thing but generates 4 different notes that may be used for Key Switching (i.e.A-1, A#-1, B-1 & C0) Note - Reduce range of Cable selector to reduce range of keyswitch notes
    http://www.paulstroud.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AutoSampleAlternater.LSO

IF YOU DOWNLOAD, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK (OR AT THE VERY LEAST THANK ME) IF YOU FIND IT USEFUL !!!

*** Note OR Chord = That was the tricky bit about creating these devices!!! You can play as big a chord as you like - the devices will only generate ONE Sustain or Note message until it receives a note off message.

ALSO: If you don\'t want to record the generated messages (in case you alter the timing of your performance) then \"Plumb\" it between the instrument and output

Enjoy

Paul

Re: Auto Sample Alternator for Logic Users

Paul,

It sounds like a great thing! I have downloaded, but I don\'t have time to test it at the moment. One question:
    Where do you turn on \"sustain defeat\"? In GigaStudio?

Hans

Re: Auto Sample Alternator for Logic Users

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hans Adamson:
    Paul,

It sounds like a great thing! I have downloaded, but I don\'t have time to test it at the moment. One question:
    Where do you turn on \"sustain defeat\"? In GigaStudio?

Hans
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Within the GS editor. You have to turn it on for each Dimension and keygroup under the \"mix\" tab (you\'l also find other check boxes like \"Pitch track\" and \"Self Mask\")

BTW, the auto alternator via sustain will not do anything unless you set up your giga instrument with a dimension that switches samples depending on the sustain messages. I guess you knew that much though

Paul

Go Back to forum