• Register
  • Help

Topic: More beta testers for GPO Update needed

Orcas Island

More beta testers for GPO Update needed

The new GPO updates are coming along quite nicely. We have added more features, programming, patches, etc. We want to test it on as many configurations as possible and would like to add a few more beta testers to the list.

If you are a GPO user and would like to help test the update, please let me know or email me at gary@harps.com.

Gary Garritan

Re: More beta testers for GPO Update needed

If you're really hurting for testers I could help.

I run a Pentium 4 2.6 Ghz with HT enabled, 1 gig of ram, audiophile card on my desktop and a Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, 512 mb or ram and onboard card in my laptop. Not the coolest setup I know.

Consider me a last ditch tester.

Red face Re: More beta testers for GPO Update needed

i'm running GPO on a powerbook G4 1.33 GHz with 756 MB of ram on both logic express 6 and cubase sl 1. I'm also working on overture and GPO studio for notation.
    If i can help it will be a pleasure for me

Pick me! Pick me!

Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

What exactly do you require of a Beta tester, Gary? I don't have time to look for bugs and really stress out a piece of software (school and full time job), but I can run the new software through GPO files I've already compiled, and even write a few pieces using the new software.
    C. Foster Payne
    Amateur Composer/Orchestrator

This seems like a great idea. Especially if you can get a cross section of the user's different platforms (PC and Mac with Logic, Digital Peformer, Sonar 3, as well as the notation programs like Finale, Overture, and Sibelius with GPO studio).

Although I have time to devote to testing, and have many years of MIDI orchestrating, I am new to GPO.

Crr has a Mac less powerful than mine with less RAM, so if someone like that can more easily use GPO with the new innovations coming along, it would prove to me that I should have no conflicts with GPO.

Hey Gary, man, I can do it. I know my way around GPO before and I have experience at beta testing software. I can email you if you want me to tho.

Gary, I sent you an email, but just as a backup (I don't always trust email to actually get there these days)... I'd be delighted to help. I'm a sound engineering/MIS professional with a lot of background in beta testing. Fairly new to GPO, but that's not necessarily bad where beta testing is concerned. I'm a brass player and have been having a blast working with GPO's brass.

Let me know how I can help.

"He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds"
    --Psalm 147:3

Thanks guys,

We have recieved over 40 inquiries and are full at this point, Thanks for your interest, Gary will be getting in "kontakt" with those who have been selected.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I'm a relatively new user of GPO--and it's dynamite. I've been converting several of my old midi realizations of baroque from soundfonts to GPO, but have been severely limited by my current machine (only 512MB).

I'm on the verge of receiving my new DAW--AMD Athlon 64 3200+ w/ 2GB, and would love the chance to beta the new version.

BTW--I've discovered a few anomalous "features" in some voices and am not sure where to post these or whom to inform. Also, as a baroquer, I would encourage you to consider:

Go Back to forum