• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The start of the final week.

Share/Bookmark

Smile The start of the final week.

Hope you all don't mind me posting.
    Today of all days Father's Day, marks the beginning of the end as Director / Musical Director 14 years with The West Seneca Youth Theatre.
    I may not be up on the forum this week as much (not that anyone will miss this insane person) but I am on vacation from my day position and may have time to harass you a little.
    Question, anyone object to a little play by play account of what happened during dress rehearsals or pretty much boring subject? No biggie, just thought I would include everyone in the world as the events unfold. Needless to say I am a bit nervous and sad it all has to come to an end next weekend.
    Vish me luck and see you amazing people soon!

Your crazy fool!
    Styxx

Re: The start of the final week.

Having done several musicals, and especially producing one last year, I can imagine how crazy and busy and difficult this time must be for you. To paraphrase John Lennon - "Whatever gets you through the week, it's alright". Hang in there, buddy!
    www.EricHermanMusic.com
    - Cool Tunes for Kids -

Best of luck!!! I wish you the best success.

Good Luck Styxx
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Question, anyone object to a little play by play account of what happened during dress rehearsals or pretty much boring subject? No biggie, just thought I would include everyone in the world as the events unfold.
    Styxx,

No objection whatsoever. You have a lot of dedication to serve for 14 years. Another Mr. Holland. Thanks for including us in your world. Good luck on new adventures that await

Gary Garritan

Hey, man, break a leg!

Thanks guys! It went well today. I haven't sung that much since my disco years!
    Keep ya posted...
    Styxx

Good luck this week . I know you will do great ! I'm looking forward to seeing the show Friday.

Looking forward to seeing you and Shaz there as well as your wife's! We could have a mini GPO convention. You're gonna hear a bit of GPO in the songs but no big orchestrations. I need to get more familiar with everything once the show is finished. Last nights technical went well except the stage manager left after certain settings weren't adhered to. The cast did well. A few bugs here and there. Tonight's a full dress rehearsal and I should be able to solidify every thing. I'm keeping my toes crossed.
    I have to get a hold of Shaz and tell him to bring all the Vikings to help fill up the seats!
    See you then.
    Styxx

I'm beginning to worry here. One technical rehearsal and one dress rehearsal and things are going well. Woe! Scary in so nothing major has gone wrong. Am I jinxing myself here tonight? Wednesday and Thursday rehearsals left.
    By the way, I received some interesting comments on the strings in a couple of the songs tonight. I wonder why....
    Styxx

Go Back to forum