• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO and Acid Pro?

Share/Bookmark

GPO and Acid Pro?

I am using Acid Pro 4.0 and was looking for a good orchestral VSTi to use within this sequencer - does anyone know if GPO can be used as a VSTi in Acid Pro 4.0? Acid isn't listed on the Garritan website and GPO isn't listed on the Acid website, although Kontakt can be used in Acid, which would (maybe?) suggest GPO might work?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

LD

Re: GPO and Acid Pro?

I have ACID 4 though I have used GPO very little with it. The main problem with ACID that I see is that it's not very good for midi uses and thats what GPO (or any orchestral library) needs to work well. You will be able to add notes in the piano roll, but controller editing is not good in ACID.

I'm hoping Sony upgrades this lack of midi functionality in the new version, soon.

I like ACID a lot but SONAR gives you loop support ditto and GREAT midi functions-editing.

Hi,
    I use Acid 4.0 primarily for mixing for about a year and have found it to be quite stable. Only recently have I tried to use it's midi and have found it lacking many capabilities you need for a lib such as GPO. One problem is getting the controller to work right. GPO loads OK, however, I can't seem to use my controller to play in the notes. Then there is the old latency problem. I have written to Sony Sound Forge inquiring if an upgraded version is on the drawing board addressing midi? Their reply was indeed they are aware of the lack of midi capabilities but did not elaborate further. God I am exhausted!
    Any who, I concur with Nexus in using Sonar.
    Styxx

I experimented with acid and GPO. but when I listened to it later, it was not as good. ...j/k

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Does GPO load in as a DXi plug?

How does it work? What do you think of Acid? A lot of people said its great loop/drum groove sequncer...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Alan,
    The only problem I have yet to overcome is playing in the sounds with and external controller. Something I haven't had time to explore in depth. Acid 4.0 is VSTi soft synth VST instrument support.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lastufka
    Does GPO load in as a DXi plug?

How does it work? What do you think of Acid? A lot of people said its great loop/drum groove sequncer...
    I really like Acid - been using it for a few years now - very good visually - I like to use a lot of 'one-shots' for film scoring (inserting weird sounds at certain points in the film) and with the video thumbnails and ease of dragging/slicing audio parts Acid is ideal. It's also great for stretching/beatmapping audio drum parts.

I have just managed to get GPO working as a VSTi within Acid Pro 4.0 - seems to be fine - the sounds are great. It is struggling/glitching a bit when you have a video track and several GPO's open as VSTi's, but that is probably down to the system RAM/processor (I've got 768MB RAM and a (measley!) 1.67 GHz AMD processor).

One problem I am having is that certain intruments seem to continue sounding when I don't want them to (notes are getting 'stuck') - don't seem to be able to stop them sounding unless I exit and re-open the file, which is a pain in the [nss][nss][nss]! Anyone got any tips on this?

Thanks

LD

Acid and GPO - now thats a marriage I would never have thought of!!

I look forward to hearing a nice orchestral/techno/trance piece soon.
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    Acid and GPO - now thats a marriage I would never have thought of!!

I look forward to hearing a nice orchestral/techno/trance piece soon.
    You'd be surprised....I've done quite a few short movie scores on Acid which have done ok. I am not a big fan of techno or trance, but find Acid really useful as mentioned above. What do you use? SX?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostdog
    You'd be surprised....I've done quite a few short movie scores on Acid which have done ok. I am not a big fan of techno or trance, but find Acid really useful as mentioned above. What do you use? SX?
    Hi, I didnt mean to sound too flippant! Acid is a great prog. If you use Acid I assume you're familiar with Vegas? Thats a kick a-s-s program for mixing audio and video production.

Oh, and yes, I use Cubase amongst other things.
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com

Go Back to forum